[SOLVED] Graphics driver loads only after startup?

Kummer

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
I just upgraded my PC, bought a B450 TOMAHAWK MAX and a ryzen 5 3600x, reinstalled windows and everything.
But sometimes windows boots up in like a stretched 360p resolution and I have to wait a minute for it to recognize my driver or graphic card guess and to change to the native resolution.
I get this if I try to open nvidia control panel during that time.
BTWqt54.png

What could cause such a behaviour?

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
I just upgraded my PC, bought a B450 TOMAHAWK MAX and a ryzen 5 3600x, reinstalled windows and everything.
But sometimes windows boots up in like a stretched 360p resolution and I have to wait a minute for it to recognize my driver or graphic card guess and to change to the native resolution.
I get this if I try to open nvidia control panel during that time.
BTWqt54.png

What could cause such a behaviour?
Try to update bios, windows and download 436.86 version of nvidia driver

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Kummer

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
Delete all video drivers and install driver pack solution, he can gived u all video suport. After that instal new nvidia drivers and run windows update. If u have win10.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say. I already installed the latest nvidia driver and still have the issue also I don't want to use a third party driver manager.

Infydel

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
I don't really understand what you are trying to say. I already installed the latest nvidia driver and still have the issue also I don't want to use a third party driver manager.

Kummer

Reputable
Mar 29, 2015
Seems like its a bios problem. I did a new clean windows install and it seemed to work fine until I turned off fast startup in windows, when its turned off it looks like it reinstalls the nvidia driver on every startup however if I turn the fast startup on and shut down windows and try to start it again I just get a black screen (there seems to be a problem with waking from sleep with the latest bios https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=325322.0 )
I'll be just waiting for a newer bios but until then maybe I'll try one of the older ones out.
Thanks for the help guys anyway

TRENDING THREADS