Question Graphics driver update now makes it so I can't see ANYTHING on my screen?

Normalcey

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Hello, sorry if this is the wrong section.. not sure where to put it.

Updating my graphics driver for red dead 2, and when it restarted everything was pure black. I have no other video output other than HDMI, I checked the cable and it works on my PS4.

I've been trying to figure out how to undo this change, currently trying to click the screen share button in discord with no visual prompts.. it's not easy. Still trying, and I have a massive headache. We mapped out the timings to hold down the buttons for the mouse keys settings.. but again it's hard to know the speed of my settings vs my friends, if the setting is even fully enabled, since he had to go into the menu and turn it on AFTER the shortcut of shift+alt+numlock and switch it to work with numlock disabled.

I tried blindly going into my device manager and rolling back the driver, and uninstalling it but as I can't see anything and nothing changed, I might have missed it or something.

Any other ideas? Google searches didn't really help either..

Normalcey

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
How do I get into safe mode when I can't see anything? From what I can see theres no easy button combination to do it, doing the whole holding the power button for 15 seconds, turning it back on while holding it for 15 seconds, and what not doesn't work or at least I can't see still. The computer is a Predator Helios 300.

I forgot to mention the laptop monitor doesn't work so the only output is HDMI.