Question Graphics drivers crash and don't recover

Apr 26, 2019
Started around a week ago. My monitors both go black and display no display port signal messages and then go into standby mode. Unplugging the DP cable or the monitor power cables and plugging them back in does not bring the signal back. The only way to get the signal back is to either manually restart my pc or turn it off completely and back on. During the black screens my music is still playing, my friends tell me my character in Black Desert is still logged in until I turn my PC off, the only sound that stops is discord. Also during the black screens all my case and gpu fans are still spinning, the gpus leds are still on as well. I checked my 12v rail in BIOS for any power fluctuations but it never moved. I've changed the pci slot my card is in and tried using a different cable. I've clean installed drivers 5 times and the most recent time had a crash within 10mins of a new driver install.

I don't have any other working gpus in my house to test if it's my card or not. But given what I've experienced is it safe to assume the problem is most likely the card at this point?

Edit: Also should have added that event viewer shows
Event ID 4101
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. However like I said, my displays don't turn back on.

System specs:
  • i7 4930k @ 4ghz
  • EVGA Superclocked GeForce GTX 1070ti
  • ASUS Sabertooth x79
  • 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @1866
  • Corsair AX1200i

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS