Question Graphics drivers keep disappearing after pc crashes/freezes, no matter how many times I install them. I already lost many brain cells, what can I do?

Jun 26, 2021
So, I'm having some problems with my graphics drivers. I apologize if this is going to be kind of long, but I prefer being as specific as I can be.

A few days ago, I installed version 21.5.1 of the AMD Radeon Software, thinking it would fix some problems I was having with a game. Besides the fact that it didn't help at all (I fixed by lowering the graphic settings), after a while I decided to start up another game, which I also decided to stream on my Discord server - well, pc froze. After I restarted my pc, my graphics drivers were all gone, along with the AMD Radeon Software.
This happened that day, and keeps happening still. Everytime my pc crashes/freezes and I need to restart, my graphics drivers disappear like toothpaste in the drain.

Honestly, I wasn't really surprised when my pc froze. From the very first day I bought it, it would crash/freeze (most of the time it would restart by itself) whenever I would charge it with a lot of information, hence more memory charging. Whether it was a lot of open windows, or just a considerable demanding program/game (in a game, it would usually crash when I pressed the windows key, opened the task manager or just quit the game). I finally decided to upgrade my pc by adding more RAM, now having 8GB more as well as more frequency, and while it seems to have fixed my pc crashing or freezing when having many windows open, I'm encountering different problems (including crashing/freezing, mostly the latter) while playing some games. That may actually be because of my graphics drivers that keep deleting themselves everytime my pc freezes; although, I'm not sure if they get deleted only after it freezes, or while I'm playing.

To tell the truth, though, I've only tried one game after I installed the new sticks of RAM, and that is Persona 4 Golden, the same game I had screnshared on Discord.. The first time it crashed, it happened during the opening cinematic, when I did have my drivers installed, and I still hadn't installed the new sticks of RAM. The second time it crashed, I had installed the new RAM sticks, and I managed to get through the opening cinematic (didn't open anything else in the process), and the game was running pretty smooth at the beginning, too. After a few minutes, though, I started noticing lag, blurred motions and I tried to open the task manager, which was followed by a freeze. By the way, the reason why I cited the game's name is because, by doing some research online, I found out that, while in the opening cinematic, the game might crash because of outdated GPU drivers. I'm not too sure if it's the truth or not, but I thought it would be better if I put this in since it's connected to the graphics drivers problem I'm currently having.

Anyways, back to the gist of it: I have NO idea what to do. I tried reinstalling my graphics drivers many times, and it seems they get deleted only when my pc crashes, not when I restart it. Also, I should notice that sometimes, after I install the drivers from the AMD package, this appears. It's clearly an error message, but I can continue the driver installation pretty fine. Anyways, I downloaded the driver package from AMD's official website many times, even tried installing ONLY the drivers, without the AMD Radeon Software, as well as downloading the drivers after removing potential previous versions of them (I used the option "Factory Reset" from the AMD Driver Package installer for this): nothing. Once my pc freezes, everything flows away back into the gutter. And because of this, system crashes and freezes are always around the corner.

If someone can understand what's going on and what I can do to fix this all up, it would really, REALLY help out a lot. Like, I would honestly be willing to raise a personally treated bamboo statue for you, if that's somewhat possible. Not kidding.

Oh, in case they're needed, here are my system specifications:

CPU and GPU: AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

Mainboard: A320M-HDV R4.0

Memory: HyperX Predator Dual Channel 16GB 2933MHz

Reactions: Raimundo69

Sir Levir

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
So, I'm having some problems with my graphics drivers. I apologize if this is going to be kind of long, but I prefer being as specific as I can be.

A few days ago, I installed version 21.5.1 of the AMD Radeon Software, thinking it would fix some problems I was having with a game. Besides the fact that it didn't help at all (I fixed by lowering the graphic settings), after a while I decided to start up another game, which I also decided to stream on my Discord server - well, pc froze. After I restarted my pc, my graphics drivers were all gone, along with the AMD Radeon Software.
This happened that day, and keeps happening still. Everytime my pc crashes/freezes and I need to restart, my graphics drivers disappear like toothpaste in the drain.

Honestly, I wasn't really surprised when my pc froze. From the very first day I bought it, it would crash/freeze (most of the time it would restart by itself) whenever I would charge it with a lot of information, hence more memory charging. Whether it was a lot of open windows, or just a considerable demanding program/game (in a game, it would usually crash when I pressed the windows key, opened the task manager or just quit the game). I finally decided to upgrade my pc by adding more RAM, now having 8GB more as well as more frequency, and while it seems to have fixed my pc crashing or freezing when having many windows open, I'm encountering different problems (including crashing/freezing, mostly the latter) while playing some games. That may actually be because of my graphics drivers that keep deleting themselves everytime my pc freezes; although, I'm not sure if they get deleted only after it freezes, or while I'm playing.

To tell the truth, though, I've only tried one game after I installed the new sticks of RAM, and that is Persona 4 Golden, the same game I had screnshared on Discord.. The first time it crashed, it happened during the opening cinematic, when I did have my drivers installed, and I still hadn't installed the new sticks of RAM. The second time it crashed, I had installed the new RAM sticks, and I managed to get through the opening cinematic (didn't open anything else in the process), and the game was running pretty smooth at the beginning, too. After a few minutes, though, I started noticing lag, blurred motions and I tried to open the task manager, which was followed by a freeze. By the way, the reason why I cited the game's name is because, by doing some research online, I found out that, while in the opening cinematic, the game might crash because of outdated GPU drivers. I'm not too sure if it's the truth or not, but I thought it would be better if I put this in since it's connected to the graphics drivers problem I'm currently having.

Anyways, back to the gist of it: I have NO idea what to do. I tried reinstalling my graphics drivers many times, and it seems they get deleted only when my pc crashes, not when I restart it. Also, I should notice that sometimes, after I install the drivers from the AMD package, this appears. It's clearly an error message, but I can continue the driver installation pretty fine. Anyways, I downloaded the driver package from AMD's official website many times, even tried installing ONLY the drivers, without the AMD Radeon Software, as well as downloading the drivers after removing potential previous versions of them (I used the option "Factory Reset" from the AMD Driver Package installer for this): nothing. Once my pc freezes, everything flows away back into the gutter. And because of this, system crashes and freezes are always around the corner.

If someone can understand what's going on and what I can do to fix this all up, it would really, REALLY help out a lot. Like, I would honestly be willing to raise a personally treated bamboo statue for you, if that's somewhat possible. Not kidding.

I am having the exact same issue

Oct 23, 2021

I have the same problem for about 1 month now
I dunno the exact when but i think it's when i'm changing to new ram or after installing radeon software
My pc sometimes got blue screen when my ram frequency is 3000 above so i set it to 2800 and there's no blue screen anymore
But new problem comes
My PC keep freezing randomly when i'm playing genshin and after restart my gpu driver is gone
I thought it's my motherboard issue(Asrock A-320M HDV R 4.0,updated from R 3.7) since i've already check my RAM using windows memory diagnostic and its no problem
It seem if you play a heavy game like me playing Genshin there's possible to freeze
When i'm playing OSU there's no problem, although when the first time i open osu and press windows key it freeze but after that there's no problem

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021
As i can see we all have the same motherboard.I had problems with it before with the vga drivers,and i couldnt solve them until i switched to an hdmi coverter. Maybe it really is the motherboard. I contacted amd and they said i should use a driver remover tool that they provided and it didnt work , the problem still persists.

Oct 20, 2021

Have you ever solved the problem?