Question Graphics issue

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Hi all

im having issues where my display freezes and the monitor switches off and says no signal. There’s a specific game I play and it constantly freezes and the screen goes white. But the main issue is why does the screen turn off or says no signal. I have an Nvidia Msi Gtx 1660 gaming x. I haven’t updated my bios for a long time and still have windows 10 which I should upgrade I think?

i have had my card for about 3 years now. I have performed numerous installations of the Nvidia Software but it doesn’t help. I also have vertical mount in my pc so maybe that’s the issue? Could my cpu be causing the problem?

Any help will be great

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
OS: Version(not edition) of OS, since you're on Windows 10
Monitor:

As for your PSU, include the age of the unit. It'd help us two fold if also knew the BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing. Install GPU-Z and see if the memory comes up as zero(nil).

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Amd ryzen 5 2600x
Msi B450 Tomahawk
G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3200mhz
SuperFower 750w Platinum
Msi gtx 1660 gaming x
Windows 10
Bios 7C02v1E

Age is 3 years all components Except Cpu

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
The cpu temps are around 34 degrees and the gpu when gaming is around 65 or so. I have tried the clean installation of Nvidia and it didn’t work

Last edited:

StGeorge991

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2013
Your temps look very good. Look it might be a windows issue. You could test this by essentialy to either try different card in your PC, or try your card in a different PC. If your card crashes in a different PC in the same manner, it could be a hardware issue, rather than software. And converesely, if different card runs perfectly on your PC it probably isn't windows.

vladakv

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2016
Only screen is freezeng and switching off, so no bsod or system restart? Try to check cables and do clean install of gpu drivers as members said. If your system is crashing, then go to windows event viewer and check what causing the problem;
windows event viewer-custom events-administrative events and there's a list.

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Wow i didn’t know that. I’m new to pc’s I’ve only learnt about them through YouTube the past 3 years so the issues that I’m having happened to my amd rx570 where there was a hardware issue as it was overheating at 90 degrees literally and I got it rma and bought this graphics card. It was the worst so I’m worrying that a similar issue will occur. I have done a clean installation of windows twice,deleted everything on my pc and the issue is still there. I’m not sure if I’m installing the software incorrectly?