Graphics issues after windows clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2018
Hello,
recently I decided to perform a clean install of windows 10 on my acer Aspire 5 after I got a BSOD and blank screen at boot . I created a windows 10 installation from MS website and everything went fine. Until I noticed that my games suddenly became choppy with lot of hiccups and textures not rendering. Games run at 50-60 fps but drop to 0 fps (freeze) for a few seconds whenever new textures are being loaded. It's very noticeable in GTA V where textures and objects would appear 2 feet in front of me, when driving they would just disappear and make the game freeze until they're finally loaded. Also noticeable in fallout 4, doom 2016 and quake champions, where the game goes from 60 to 0 fps every few seconds, until one area is fully loaded in (after walking around). In star wars Batlefront, every time a new NPC or player appears, game drops to 0 fps.
I suspected a vram issue , monitored gpu usage with hwinfo64 and gpu Z, says everything is fine. Benchmarks also show that my CPU, GPU and Ram are normal. considering the problem appeared after a windows 10 clean install... it can only be software...

things that I've tried :
-reinstalling newest cpu , gpu drivers with DDU
-reinstalling motherboard drivers
-reinstalling latest directX
-reinstalling the games
-reinstalling everything on an SSD
-cleaning the fan and changing thermal paste
-updating the bios
-set power plan on "performance"
-ran malwarebytes scan, no virus found
-called acer customer service , waste of time

No apps are running in the background, cpu usage is at 5% outside games, ram 15% and disk 5%.
I monitored my temps in games and they are around 70C (same as before) for both cpu and gpu.
I don't know what to do anymore. My laptop used to work perfectly fine with the factory firmware and before the bsod...

I bought this laptop in July and I really saved for a long time to buy it .. any help would be greatly appreciated

specs are : core i3 6006u, 940mx Gddr5 (2gb), 8gb
ps: sorry for my english as it's not my language

just trying to help and hope this does
sliming windows 10
well the first things I would try are press CTRL+ALT+DEL and see whats running turn off un-needed stuff see anything running in startup that is not needed you do not have a lot of ram so slimming the system down as much as possible is a good idea go windows add remove and remove system tools that you do not need https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php windows apps I only have skype and paint and calculator
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10/update o&o shut up 10 is my preferred method I apply recommended and somewhat
hope this helps

Nov 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to answer,
Unfortunately that did not help. I don't think I was clear enough but my games just do not render properly anymore.
textures are disappearing for 10 seconds, causing the game to freeze, and fps are very low. And it happens in all games.
I'm sorry if that wasn't clear, I will edit my post.

Nov 12, 2018

Windows updates is not running in the background. I also tried disabling windows update completely, same thing.

HamzaWolf394

Prominent
Apr 9, 2019
I am having the exact same problem, I bought my pc worked perfect it had windows 7 sp1 idky the computer guy installed windows 7 so i installed windows 10 using the usb method and since then the rendering and texture loading late and sometimes even disappearing leaving the game freezed took place even though the game resumed after the textures were loaded i since then i have tried going back to windows 7 sp1 the exact windows version that tthe computer guy had gave me yet it didn't resolve i have tried multiple windows reinstalls tried windows 10 different versions and also windows 7 different versions but nothing seems to work and now it has been an year and i still couldn't find a fix for this issue.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I am having the exact same problem, I bought my pc worked perfect it had windows 7 sp1 idky the computer guy installed windows 7 so i installed windows 10 using the usb method and since then the rendering and texture loading late and sometimes even disappearing leaving the game freezed took place even though the game resumed after the textures were loaded i since then i have tried going back to windows 7 sp1 the exact windows version that tthe computer guy had gave me yet it didn't resolve i have tried multiple windows reinstalls tried windows 10 different versions and also windows 7 different versions but nothing seems to work and now it has been an year and i still couldn't find a fix for this issue.

If you have an issue, start a new thread, please don't just randomly revive a thread from nearly two years ago that isn't even the same hardware/circumstances. Also give a full list of your specs and try to describe your problem a bit more clearly than above.

Status
Not open for further replies.