Question Graphics looks bad after a Windows update.

May 14, 2020
Hello,
Recently I reinstalled Windows on my PC and when I played games, graphics were much worse than before the update. In every game (I talk about very varied games such as R6S, Subnautica, War Thunder etc...) the colours looked a little bit strange, object edges are weird, everything is a little bit blurry, even on max graphics.
I tried everything, reseting my monitor, reseting the graphic card settings, cleaning the HDMI cable and I even reinstalled Windows one more time.
It didn't helped. It really starts to get annoying.
Help plz : (

PC specs :
Motherboard : MSI B450-A Pro
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Graphic card : RX 580 Sapphire Nitro 8Gb
Ram : Corasaire 8 Gb x 2
Monitor : LG29UM69G

I am on the last Windows 10

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

You mentioned "resetting the monitor" - good.

However do you have another working monitor that you can try or are you able to try your current monitor on another known working PC?

Determine if the problem stays with your PC or follows the monitor.

May 14, 2020
Thank you for replying !
I dont have another monitor, and the only other PC I have is a Mac. But I think the problem comes from the pc because not only the image is bad (like if there was a filter on the screen) but the shapes in the game are strange. Also anti-aliasing dont seems to work at all and some times it is like if I could see the grid between the pixels.
One thing I didn't mentioned above, is that when I reinstalled Windows for the first time, I installed a new version of the AMD Radeon driver driver for my GPU, which looked very different from the one before the update. However, this version works for transmitting orders to my GPU and apply different setting.