• Intel Core i5-4570
  • 32GB DDR3-1600 DIMM (4x8GB RAM)
  • Nvidia NVS310 512MB ram
  • Ssd samsung 860 256GB
  • Hdd seagate 1Tb 7200
  • 240 Watt Gold HP PSU
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Monitor: HP Compaq LA2306x

Then on the side i have some extra parts that i was given but don't use at all.
psu: corsair CX650M Bronze
tower: uatx nox coolbay mx2 with 4 fans installed
Cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3i

i need an honest opinion from you guys:
a. I buy a LP grapics card? Which one can my 800G1 SFF hold? And that is decent enough to play like for example Guild Wars / WOW / Call of Duty...

b. I buy a new lga1150 motherboard and a more powerfull graphics?
Completely new motherboard i found one for 55€ but its a h81 that only takes 16gb ram, so no more future upgrades - Mini-ITX Biostar H81MHV3

I know its an old 4th gen cpu when there are already 10th gen on the market, so don't want to spend money on a wrong decision. If you guys could help with some honest opinions.

Tks

Solution
But wont the 16gb ddr3 limit future upgrades? Because biostar h81 only has 2 memory slots.
On the cpu side i can always get a better 4th gen cpu if i find a good deal on second hand stuff later on.

yes the corsair psu is brand new.

Best ones i found not being LP are:
Gigabyte Geforce 1650 oc super 4gb gddr6 - 170€
Asus Geforce 1660 tuf gaming oc 6gb gddr - 220€

What u think?

tks

First of all I wana be clear about this, if those are the main titles you play (or the only ones) then I think is fine sticking with haswell chips.

About the RAM, 16 GB of RAM is plenty for the games you wrote about it and for almost all newer games . Only a few of AAA titles may take over 16GB of RAM.

But yeah you are limiting future upgrades not...
In all honestly even if its a gold rated PSU, is a 250 watts unit, it already have a few years of use, so I wouldn't dare to put any new GPU in there.

If the Corsair 650M bronze its in good shape, or even better, brand new you could aim for a lot of GPUs.

But then again you are limited to 1080p (by your monitor) and your old i5 4570 cpu, so I would choose something around the GTX 1650 Super performance (of course with a more powerfull CPU you could get more juice out of this card).

I hope this help, cheers.

Oct 14, 2020
But wont the 16gb ddr3 limit future upgrades? Because biostar h81 only has 2 memory slots.
On the cpu side i can always get a better 4th gen cpu if i find a good deal on second hand stuff later on.

What u think?

tks

What u think?

tks

First of all I wana be clear about this, if those are the main titles you play (or the only ones) then I think is fine sticking with haswell chips.

About the RAM, 16 GB of RAM is plenty for the games you wrote about it and for almost all newer games . Only a few of AAA titles may take over 16GB of RAM.

But yeah you are limiting future upgrades not because of the RAM, but because of staying at a really old haswell architecture, since as you wrote the only upgrade path you have will be picking a core i7 cpu with only 4 cores, 8 threads. 4 cores and 8 threads that if you stick with old game titles will be plenty enough for some more years. Newer games can already take advantage of higher core count CPU, and usually those extra cores (along with the newer architecture improvement: higher boost speed, ipc, bigger lvl 3 cache, etc.) help deliver more consistent 1% low FPS performance which for me its whats define the gamaplay smoothness.

I searched the motherboard you posted and it only support PCIe v 2.0 x16 for the GPU (https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=693#specification). I would really try to aim for a PCIe v3.0 motherboard.

Solution