Graphics problem when playing games

josh_19

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hi,

I bought a Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition Gaming Graphics Card just over a month ago. I installed it and have been using it with a HD TV via a HDMI cable, without any problems.

Recently I've changed back to using 2 monitors. I have monitor two connected using a DVI-I Single link - VGA adapter. And monitor one connected via a DVI-D-VGA Active Cable Adapter Converter Lead.

When playing GTA V on the monitor that is connected via the DVI-D-VGA Active Cable Adapter Converter Lead after around 5 minutes, the 'ding-dong' sound when hardware is plugged/unplugged is heard and the monitor drops signal and displays a no signal message and then the picture changes to my second monitor, before the 'ding-dong' sound comes back and the picture goes on and comes off multiple times (as if someone is unplugging the monitor and plugging it right back in). After it has done this a few times the picture changes back onto my other monitor. After around 5 minutes it repeats itself, until I get fed up and close everything down.

Whilst I'm not playing any games, things seem to be ok. Both monitors work correctly.

I installed a graphics card driver update from NVIDIA this evening before all these problems started. What doesn't help is I've made a few hardware changes, so I'm struggling where to start troubleshooting, hence why I headed for here.

1. What do you think is the most probable cause for this problem? Do you think it's that recent driver upgrade, a faulty display connector on the new graphics card, a faulty (new) Active Cable Adapter Converter Lead, the game itself, or something totally different?

2. Is it possible that using a DVI-Single Link - VGA adapter on a DVI-Dual Link Display Connector (monitor two) could be contributing/causing these problems?

Your help is appreciated

Thanks

Josh

davmazin

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Basically you should uninstall your current graphic drivers then install an older version of them you should always have at least 2 graphic drivers for your video card but i think its possible to get older drivers too just don't remember how lol, probably in the nvidia page there is a way to download older version of the card drivers