Apr 10, 2020
Hi to all on this forum

I have a serious problem with my PC, and I'm turning to you because I'm starting to get desperate

My problem comes out mainly when I play games, the textures can look weird, like having small rainbow colored rectangles on them. There are also issues like missing textures, blinking textures, and my whole screen going weird colors. Games also sometimes just crash, but this is rarer
I also have an issue when text doesn't render correctly in my browser or applications, although when I highlight them, they go away
Here are some pictures

The problems have begun with Ori and the Will of the Wisps, a pretty recent game, then continued with Doom Eternal, but since then, several other games had similiar issues, Like Devil May Cry 5, Call of Duty WWII and some others. But the thing is, these issues are pretty random. Not every game produces them, and not to the same extent. Even with the ones I have problems with, they only start to appear after 15-20 minutes of gameplay. But when I quit, and start up the game again, the issues are there from the start. Also, on older games (mean: 10+ years old) these issues don't come out at all.

I have done some serious testing to make sure I don't bother you with non-issues. I have made sure I have up-to-date drivers, I have the C++ redistributables etc, etc. I also have Windows up to date
I've also done a complete system wipe, tried reinstalling Win 10, then I tried playing running Win 7 on my other system drive. I also rolled back my GeForce drivers to an older version that I knew for sure worked in the past. All to no avail, as I ran into the same issues

I naturally thought then it must be my video card, and I got a new one instead of my (possibly) faulty GTX 1070 Ti, a GTX 1070. It was fine for a few days, but the issues came back
Then I tried putting my system back together on a new motherboard, but the issues still persist

Now I have no ideas. I replaced everything that could realistically cause such issues, and they still persist
Just FYI, my system ran fine for a full year before these issues began, seemingly out of nowhere

My specs:
Gigabyte B85M-D2V Mobo (Right now replaced with an ASRock H81M-VG4 R3.0)
Intel Core i5 4440
Inno3D GeForce 1070 Ti (Right now replaced with a Gigabyte GeForce 1070)
16 GB Corsair HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM
Corsair CX600 PSU 600W
Samsung 860 PRO 2.5 256GB SATA3 SSD (I have Windows 10 Pro Build 1909 installed on this one)
2x Western Digiatal Caviar Blue 3.5 1TB HDDs (One of these have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 installed)

Please help me Tom's Hardware, you are my only hope!