Question graphics problems since last windows shutdown and update

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Tried posting in the windows section, but didn't get any bites there, so trying here. After the last windows update, I keep getting this weird thing where my curser, specifically when moving horizontally, gives me the two beep noises you get when your screen resolution changes, and my screen freezes for half a second. I've updated nvidia drivers, but I continue to get this. It's mostly in came, but happens while browsing the net as well, and even just on the desktop. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2022
Tried posting in the windows section, but didn't get any bites there, so trying here. After the last windows update, I keep getting this weird thing where my curser, specifically when moving horizontally, gives me the two beep noises you get when your screen resolution changes, and my screen freezes for half a second. I've updated nvidia drivers, but I continue to get this. It's mostly in came, but happens while browsing the net as well, and even just on the desktop. Any ideas?

Thanks!
May be possible this could happen due to the latest update you had a better option can be re Install windows or roll back to the previous version of it and check out

Apr 23, 2022
Can you remind me how to roll back to the previous version? It would make sense to do that and see if it goes away I suppose.
Sure it will make sense and this for me atleast is good way of diagnosing the cause rather than just assuming and blaming any other part of your computer. What do you think about it?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Never been in this window before. Am I looking in the 'update history'? How do I 'roll back'?

When I clicked to have it manually check for any more updates, it has so far found five. I'm doing those first to see if they have any positive impact. Being that it is only when I scroll to the right, I'm also wondering if it's possibly my mouse. Changing usb slots didn't help.