Graphics temperature problem, the nvidia Quadro NVS 160M

Status
Not open for further replies.

bring

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Dell Latitude E6400, graphics card is the nvidia Quadro NVS 160M. Play DNF these games, the graphics card temperature is always at every turn and instantly soared to 90 degrees, then you are always racing between 80-100. If you open the case of DNF window cut into other programs, temperature down to 20-30 degrees instantly and not move down to about 50-60 degrees, it seems normal, and then cut back up back, there is There is no a stable value. Do not know how it happens ...
g.php

I agree with this, check for dust while your opening it (should be obvious) check if all your fans are spinning, etc.

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
This is a laptop boyz not a desktop. What you can do is to buy a new thermal paste and reapply it. Also there might be dust accumulation so clean it up. Another possibility is that the internal fan is not working. So first thing is to find out online how to open up your laptop
Good luck

Lol, woops. I didn't even think to check and even corrected him since he said opening the case...

checked dells website I see no window or uncoverable air filters/etc...

rather confused as to what the OP means.

But still, check for dust, if its old blow it out with compressed air. if its new then I personally would send it back as it sounds defective (or just a TIM problem but replacing that would most probably void the warranty)

Status
Not open for further replies.