Graphics- TV

gamerguy1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Hello.

I bought a 4870 card to run my pc through my TV. Movies and Stuff. It turned out to be defective. I sent it back for a replacement from the same company. That also crashed on either my 22" monitor or the TV. It had the exact same problem.
I have a Gigabyte C2D DS3R board. There should be no issues with compatibility between the board and the card. The 4870 was from a reputable company, but it may be a bad group of cards from the factory. Regardless, I put my 320 GTS card in, and everything runs fine. But I want to run my PC through a 42" 1080p TV at 1920x1050 resolution. I do not think the 320 is up to the task. It has problems running some games at high settings on the 22" .
I was going to return the 4870 to the Store and replace it with a 260gtx. Is this going to give me as much Video power as a 4870 for running games through the TV? Im already bummed because the 260 does not carry sound to the TV and the ATI 4800 series does with the proper cable. But after 2 bad cards I am giving Nvidia a try. Is it possible it is a drivers issue? Im more thinking that it is a defective batch of cards. The p35 MB should be great with the card. Anyone have any info for me regarding what might have happened?

Thanks in advance.