Graphicscards

biitar

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Hello!

I got a question I would like an answer to.

About one year ago I bought a Abit Geforce TI4600 128 mb, all was good and well until it broke down and after a while (three/four months)I got a replacement card.

It was a Abit FX5600 128 mb 325 mhz card.

Now is my question, should I be satified or should I complain?

I know the new card supports DirectX 9 and have AGP8 and my old card where just directX 8 and AGP2/4.

But it had a higher memory bandwith and seems to clock higher on the tests made here at tom´s hardware ...

Regards

Biitar

cleeve

Illustrious
If it's a replacement for a Ti4600, I'd complain unless they game you at least a 5600 ULTRA.

------------------
Radeon 9500 (modded to PRO w/8 pixel pipelines)
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
3dMark03: 3529

Complain but don't expect much. The ULTRA is a slight step up in most cases, so they may feel that the non-ultra is a good equivalent replacement for an older card. You lose a little performance and gain a few features, to them that may seem a good trade-off, if anything tell them you play mosly older Quake3 style games, there you would really notice performance diff. You might be able to talk them into an Ultra Rev.1 but unlikely a Rev.2. It also depends on how convincing you can be and how knowledgeable the sales people (or people you are dealing with) are. Personally I feel that I would have a pretty good case for dennying an Ultra to you, but the question is how convincing you can be and how much they value you individually as a customer.
Yeah we say that the FX5600non-ultra is crap, but that's usually when buying a new card, or upgrading FROM a GF4. And often then it's bcause for a close to similar price you can get a better card (especially if it's an R9600Pro like mine [not that I'm biased or anything :wink: ).

Good luck though, it's worth a shot.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

cleeve

Illustrious
Good idea, Ape... Better yet, see if they'll upgrade you to a 9600 PRO... ;)

(wishful thinking)

------------------
Radeon 9500 (modded to PRO w/8 pixel pipelines)
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
3dMark03: 3529

biitar

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
I will and if that don´t work I report it to the consumer-right-thinige we got here.

Then I will see what happends ...

Thanks anyway!

Regards

Biitar

asado999

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
I think you should pay on top of your original card value and get a modern card for less instead of complaining. If you want a greedy guy to do something for you, make him think he gets money for it. From their point of view, instead of giving you something bad and getting nothing it's betterto give you something good and get something!

frillybob101

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013

You do relize this thread was nearly 10 years old.

stefenrosario

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
stefenrosario
I am Currently in Mumbai India
hey there i currently have a dell inspiron 580s bu i wanted to upgrade it to a good gaming pc

my current config
1tb wdd hdd
i donno about ram but in total its 4 gb
intel core i3
windows 8 pro n
nvidia geforce8400gs 512 mb

please suggest me which graphic card to buy
and even a good new casing(cabinet)
ty

oliviermesselink

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

If you Bought somthing like a Gtx 660 or a Radeon
HD 7870 you will be able to game quite nicely.

thought you might wanna consider throwing some extra Ram in for a total of 8 Gb

deciwizard

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

you do realise you could have started a new thread instead of freeloading on a ten year old thread.

on graphics- gtx650 ti boost will give quite a decent gaming experience considering prices in India (mumbai will be costly) although if you can go extra then sure check out gtx 660 or radeon hd 7870.
RAM can go up to 8gb. but make sure to get a good smps of 500w at least (cool master makes good PSU). cabinet upgrade is not that important, it should fit your psu and rest is ok.

Ragnarous

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2013
When i started reading this thread, I was like <Why do they even bother with these old cards? :S> but then i read the You do relize this thread was nearly 10 years old. and i laughed my a** off :D