[SOLVED] Gray spots on corners of the screen.

Oct 7, 2019
Hi Guys,

I bought an Avita laptop in May this year and for a week I have been noticing gray spots on all four corners of the screen visible only when white or lighter colours are on display. Please let me know if any of you guys have experienced such a thing.

Please see in the image the grayish spot just over google.

8Sk3yeL.jpg

Solution
Check your advanced power settings as well as any onboard hardware brightness settings. It may be that the brightness is turned way down. That is one culprit for dim corners.

If that isn't the problem the I'd contact the manufacturer about a replacement under warranty, if indeed it is still under warranty. Generally, FOUR dimm corners is a brightness issue though. Check to see if it does that only when running on battery power or when plugged in as well.
Check your advanced power settings as well as any onboard hardware brightness settings. It may be that the brightness is turned way down. That is one culprit for dim corners.

If that isn't the problem the I'd contact the manufacturer about a replacement under warranty, if indeed it is still under warranty. Generally, FOUR dimm corners is a brightness issue though. Check to see if it does that only when running on battery power or when plugged in as well.

Solution
Oct 7, 2019
Hey thanks for responding, I tried to put it on battery mode/plug in but that didn't make any difference. I think I'll have to visit the service centre and have it looked.

Pressing the Function (fn) + F3 key increases the laptop screen brightness. It may have been accidentally turned down. It is worth trying.

Function (fn) + F2 will decrease brightness, so you can fine tune it or return it to it's original settings if it does not help.