Great fun

Invisible

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2002

Hi folks.

Guess what? It seems our domain administrator's password has become
known (to people who shouldn't know it).

That means... we have to change the password.

Anyone ever done this before? Will planes fall out of the sky and
hospital patients be injected with 1,000 years worth of drugs? Oh no,
wait - that's Y2K...

Seriously... will changing this password break anything? (If it does,
presumably we can just change the password back to what it was before
and everything will be better? At least until we figure out a proper fix...)

I've heard stories that services will stop working, but IIRC everything
runs as "local system" anyway - not administrator.

Any thoughts...?

Thanks.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

It shouldn't cause any problems. I change our admin
password every two weeks.
Check your applications though. We DO have one
application that ties to the admin account, and I realized
that after I changed the password the first time.
Other than that, we have no problems with changing the
admin account.

Dave

Invisible

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2002

> It shouldn't cause any problems. I change our admin
> password every two weeks.
> Check your applications though. We DO have one
> application that ties to the admin account, and I realized
> that after I changed the password the first time.
> Other than that, we have no problems with changing the
> admin account.
>
> Dave

OK - so the threat is overrated.

I think I'll so check the service entries anyway, but it sounds like it
shouldn't be too bad changing it...

Thanks.