Great Gaming Pc ,but random lag spikes even on desktop?

rvholdem

Reputable
May 28, 2014
So my issue is lagging all over the pc, sometimes it even freezes and today happend a misterius auto restart.Firstly i tought it's my HDD so i bought the WD blue,but that didn't fix the issue.After that i bought a extra stick of ram for more perfomance,that didn't fix any issues also.
PS:Most parts are new,some have 6 months of usage

Mobo:MSI 970A-G43
Cpu:FX-4130 BE stock clocks ,4 cores
Gpu:7870 GHZ edition
PSU:500W Codegen
Ram:2x CRUCIAL 4GB 1600mhz DDR3
HDD:WD BLUE 1TB 7200RPM 64mb cache
OS:Windows 7 64-Bit(Had windows 8 and 8.1 firstly but then it was even worse ,HDD was maxed all the time "100%")

All drivers are up to date.

Anyone have any recommendations for tweaking?

Any suggestions would help, because this pc is really unusable,it shouldn't be so laggy,
reminds my old pentium 4 with windows 7 when ram and cpu is maxed out.

Thank you!

1st of all check your temps on idle and when gaming.
2nd i think that it could probably be the PSU, because i have never NEVER heard of Codegen and i am sure that it is causing the problem, if nothing is overhating.
3rd probably you would like to run stress tests, test your GPU and RAM. Is your ram doing Dual Channel? Also try one and then check if its lagging again , if not then probably one of your sticks are faulty.

rvholdem

Reputable
May 28, 2014

Well it is kind of hard to check AMD cpu temps because they show 0-5c ,but bios shows fine temps about 35-40 sometimes evenless.

Hmmn, i really didn't know that should be the problem, well if it is im not suprised, it was only 25euros.

The sticks aren't faulty.I've tested these.

Thanks for pointing up some possible issues!:)

Bro, wait dont blame it on the CPU. Its about the cooler. If the thermal paste is installed bad, or there is no thermal paste or the thermal pastes manufacter is a bad manufacter and etc. may cause the processors overhating. Also i always suggest buying an aftermarket cooler, because the stock coolers are loud and holding high temps. Also what was the problem because i didnt understand? Was the PSU faulty or the CPU was faulty? If the PSU is the problem , i am not suprised too. http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx these are the good PSUs ( till tier 2b ). Also as "we"say buy cheap ram, cheap case, cheap case coolers, but never buy a cheap PSU.

rvholdem

Reputable
May 28, 2014
Ehh ill take it as a risk,all the other pc parts seem to be okay tested one by one of them on my main rig,so it has to be the psu,
Thanks though for your answer!