Great little primer about current chipsets

I found this article to be pretty good at explaining the current
developments among chipset makers in both the Intel and AMD camps.
Explains what the most current models are and what their latest
features are. I found it a little difficult to keep track of all of the
latest product developments of various chipset makers were, this put me
on solid ground again. Check it out:

Yousuf Khan

On 9 Aug 2005 13:01:21 -0700, "YKhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:

>I found this article to be pretty good at explaining the current
>developments among chipset makers in both the Intel and AMD camps.
>Explains what the most current models are and what their latest
>features are. I found it a little difficult to keep track of all of the
>latest product developments of various chipset makers were, this put me
>on solid ground again. Check it out:
>
>http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1845463,00.asp
>
> Yousuf Khan

Thanks for the link. Looks like that AMD Uli chipset might be what I
want next as I recently bought an ATI X800XL AGP card and a mb with
this chipset will allow me to still go to PCI-E later.

> Thanks for the link. Looks like that AMD Uli chipset might be what I
> want next as I recently bought an ATI X800XL AGP card and a mb with
> this chipset will allow me to still go to PCI-E later.

Yeah, the new ULI M1695 has had a number of good reviews too.

Sysopt
http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/ulim1695-thomas/index.html

Anand
Part 1
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2471
Part 2(sli)
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2489

Toms
http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20050811/index.html

Grant Schoep wrote:
> Yeah, the new ULI M1695 has had a number of good reviews too.

Yeah, nothing like keeping it simple to make a good impression.

Yousuf Khan