Question Great PC / bad performance

edward147

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
I have a pc built about 5 months ago, yet for some reason its giving me really bad performance, on gta v im struggling to get 60 fps, it usually stays around 40-50FPS at the moment.

Specs:
  • I5 8600K
  • ASUS RTX 2070
  • 16GB Hyperx 3000Mhz
  • Corsair h80i v2 AIO
  • Gigabyte Z370 HD3 + intel optane
  • 128GB SSD
  • 2TB HDD

** Edit - All drivers installed and updated

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing. Maybe. Probably. Pointless.

1080p, 1440p or 4k? Monitor or TV?

First, figure out where the issue lies. In nvcp turn off the ray tracing and DLSS. In global settings put pre-rendered frames to 1 (default is usually 3) Does that change things? Check to see if the game is running 4k DSR. In windows, turn off the Xbox DVR and the game bar.

I'm guessing your settings are maxed. Turn details to medium. If fps raises drastically, the issue is with the gpu. If fps really doesn't change much at all, issue is with the cpu.

Use various methods, msi Afterburner is good, but check the speeds, temps and usage of the cpu, ram and gpu.

Reactions: oliver.elgersma

Hazzahead

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
Yes, download a program such as HWMonitor and check CPU/GPU temps. Also, something that has sped up my computer is a free software called CCleaner. You should use it to scan and fix registry errors. If you have never done this before, you would probably have hundreds of registry errors.