Question Green and Pink Lines on Monitor

Jun 30, 2019
I have a QNIX QX2710 LED, 1440p currently overclocked to 100hz.
A strange issue the monitor has is that it sometimes displays green and pink pixelated lines across the screen, regardless of what program or game is running.

It happens a lot more regularly when it is cold in the room, and one solution i've found to make the line go away is giving a monitor a solid hit on the top right hand corner. The lines all suddenly disappear, sometimes for days at a time.
If i leave a game running for a while, the lines will sometimes go away. Almost like after the monitor has 'warmed' up.

Ultimately, my question here is what sort of thing may be causing this? A loose connection somewhere in the monitor?

Put the refresh rate back to where it is supposed to be. Likely the problem will go away. This is likely a result of the control board or caps heating up from being overclocked. You may have already caused damage that can't be undone. If returning it to the default refresh rate doesn't help at all, make sure there are no issues with the cable such as bent pins on either end or try another cable. Try reseating your graphics card.

Seems like 96hz is the sweet spot for these displays, so maybe try that instead.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/1665-qnix-2710-korean-overclocking-monitor-review

Might also just be a bad panel, since these are supposedly rejected panels rated B quality.

Jun 30, 2019
Put the refresh rate back to where it is supposed to be. Likely the problem will go away. This is likely a result of the control board or caps heating up from being overclocked.

Sorry i should've added that the problem still persists if the monitor is at its default refresh rate of 60hz.
Also I feel that wouldn't make any sense if the problem is a lot less persistent on a hot day or if the room is very hot.

Jun 30, 2019
Put the refresh rate back to where it is supposed to be. Likely the problem will go away. This is likely a result of the control board or caps heating up from being overclocked. You may have already caused damage that can't be undone. If returning it to the default refresh rate doesn't help at all, make sure there are no issues with the cable such as bent pins on either end or try another cable. Try reseating your graphics card.

Seems like 96hz is the sweet spot for these displays, so maybe try that instead.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/1665-qnix-2710-korean-overclocking-monitor-review

Might also just be a bad panel, since these are supposedly rejected panels rated B quality.

Have tried different cables and reseating etc, will try the 96hz sweet spot and report back! Thanks for sharing that article :)

Yeah, being as those units are MADE for overclocking, it makes it LESS likely to have damaged anything by overclocking it, but also considering they ARE most probably rejected B grade panels, anything is possible. You may want to see if you can simply return it for replacement or a refund.

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah, being as those units are MADE for overclocking, it makes it LESS likely to have damaged anything by overclocking it, but also considering they ARE most probably rejected B grade panels, anything is possible. You may want to see if you can simply return it for replacement or a refund.
Unfortunately no luck with putting the monitor back to 96hz and then 60hz. Same thing still occurring.
No chance of returning the monitor or anything since I bought it a while back for a very small price. So it's still worth owning it to be fair.

I'm just wondering why whacking the monitor makes the lines disappear.