Green and pink pixel patches all over my screen?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aniks

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
Good morning/afternoon/evening. I have come across a problem that I cannot solve and I need some help. You guys on here seem to know what you're talking about so.. this is the first place I came/am coming. Basically, here's what happened. The day before, I loaded up my Sims 2 game and it crashed. The next day, I opened google chrome as well as Bluestacks (an emulator), and these green and pink patches showed up on my screen. They flicker a lot as well. Here is a provided picture.
1.png

My display driver is a RADEON X700 PRO, and according to my computer it's ''working properly''.

Kian Palmer

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
There ya go, GPU temp too high

I would recommend replacing your graphics card instead of improving ventilation in your case
Newer graphics cards have better coolers also so a new card would give you better performance and solve heat problem

Aniks

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
In the meantime, can I remove the card and use the one built into my computer to prevent the green and pink patches? Is there anything I can do to continue using the computer w/o the patches?

zoog18

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
Sadly no, the Pentium E6700 has no onboard GPU, so you will have to replace the GPU to continue using the PC without the patches, however this brings up another point, the E6700 is a relic, it dates back to 2006. It may be time for a major PC upgrade or new one entirely.

Aniks

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014

Alright then, I'll get on that soon! Thanks everyone for the help!