AgentLoneStar007

Commendable
Jan 28, 2020
Hello. We all know recently Windows 7 went out of support from Microsoft for security updates, etc. And my mom's PC is still on Windows 7. So recently it started acting up. It was editing parts of the background of the desktop to be green, and sometimes they were completely green. And when she goes to update the desktop background, it doesn't change till the PC is restarted, and when it does, it doesn't stretch the picture to fit the screen. It changes all the parts it doesn't fit green. I have used Windows 7 for years now, as all members of my family have. I recently have gotten a laptop with Windows 10 Home (x64) on it, and I am using that as my main PC. But my mom's PC is the main PC in the house, because it is connected to the printer, and has all the family photos on it. We are hoping to upgrade to Windows 10 soon, but until then, how do we handle this?

Solution
Do you have backups on a different drive for the photos?

Maybe the cable to the monitor is not connected well, or the cable might be faulty or the monitor might be defective or the graphics card inside the PC is dying

try installing the latest graphics drivers for your card
check cable connection
replace the video cable
try with a different monitor
Do you have backups on a different drive for the photos?

Maybe the cable to the monitor is not connected well, or the cable might be faulty or the monitor might be defective or the graphics card inside the PC is dying

try installing the latest graphics drivers for your card
check cable connection
replace the video cable
try with a different monitor

Solution