[SOLVED] Green dots and black lines on Monitor (144hz)

KarthikNS

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
I recently built a PC, and everything seemed to work fine until today. My screen started showing green dots/pixels on screen, and whenever i watch a video it shows black lines too. Now the thing that confuses me is that, when i change my monitor refresh rate from 144hz to 60hz, all the green dots and black lines disappear. So is it a problem with my GPU or Monitor?

PC Specs:-
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI
16 GB RAM
GIGABYTE RTX 2070 SUPER WINDFORCE OC
ANTEC 600W GOLD RATED PSU
ACER KG241Q 144HZ Monitor

Solution
Maybe you want to wait and see.

I've had quite a few video cards fail with green pixels....most recently an NVidia RTX 2080 Ti FE....and some of them started with just a little green and got progressively worse until at one point I had an entire green screen.

So maybe...see if it gets worse...but something tells me....if it's the GPU....it will.

I've never had green pixels fix themselves.
Actually i fixed the problem. The HDMI cable wasn't connected properly to the monitor. Now I'm able to use 144hz without any green dots or black lines on the screen.

KarthikNS

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
I'm leaning on the GPU because green pixels are a sign of a bad GPU.....at least they are for me.

....and perhaps when you go to 60 Hz you aren't stressing the GPU as much.....so it doesn't act up.
I thought it was the GPU too, so i decided to run Unigine and stress test it. Its running fine, and giving frames upto 134 with no sign of green pixels or black lines. The monitor is still running in 60hz though.

View: https://imgur.com/a/xD6WfTt

Here's a screenshot of the test i ran using Unigine with no green dots or black lines. It could still be the GPU problem though, but from what I've seen, i don't think it is.

I've had quite a few video cards fail with green pixels....most recently an NVidia RTX 2080 Ti FE....and some of them started with just a little green and got progressively worse until at one point I had an entire green screen.

So maybe...see if it gets worse...but something tells me....if it's the GPU....it will.

KarthikNS

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014

Actually i fixed the problem. The HDMI cable wasn't connected properly to the monitor. Now I'm able to use 144hz without any green dots or black lines on the screen.

Solution