[SOLVED] Green dots on my screen.

Nov 28, 2021
Hello, simple, well only simple the explaining is. I've been having issues the last few days where i'd see like while for example watching youtube just a green line or like line of artifacts apper and then dissapier. Also when im in some game, for example league of legends, when i go to my profile, i see green dots on the screen as artifacts flickering. Any help? I thought i might be too much dust in the pc or a power supply.

Im using: ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
1 stick of 8gig 3000Mhz Memory but locked at 2400 automaticlly, i dont want to mess with it
Gigabyte GTX 1060 3gb

Please help me i am conserned and scared of my pc dieing.

Solution
I would first try to reinstall your Nvidia graphics drivers with the latest version for the card and use DDU to install them. Corrupted drivers can cause issues like this but it is most likely a dying graphics card. You can try what others have also suggested such as lowering the VRAM frequencies. If neither of these help or fix the issue you are most likely looking at a dying/dead card.

Lutfij

Titan
It'd help if you could include an image/video of the issue to add some context to the thread posted above. Host said media on Imgur or their ilk and then parse the image link here for us to see.

Also, for your specs, please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Nov 28, 2021
It'd help if you could include an image/video of the issue to add some context to the thread posted above. Host said media on Imgur or their ilk and then parse the image link here for us to see.

Also, for your specs, please list them like so:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
Ram; 1 stick of ADATA 8gb DDR4 memory, i think 3000Mhz max, but it's locked at 2400 in the bios, i dont want to mess with it
SSD/HDD: ADATA SU630 250GB, do not know the HDD, it's 1TB
GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForceGTX 1060 3gb
PSU:MS Platinum 500 v5
Chassis: I cannot find it
Monitor: ACER P225HQL

Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

View: https://imgur.com/a/HdLTiXV

I got like a dummy not knowing about pc's much before a prebuilt pc, the psu is about 5 - 6 years old.

I would first try to reinstall your Nvidia graphics drivers with the latest version for the card and use DDU to install them. Corrupted drivers can cause issues like this but it is most likely a dying graphics card. You can try what others have also suggested such as lowering the VRAM frequencies. If neither of these help or fix the issue you are most likely looking at a dying/dead card.

Solution
Nov 28, 2021

Hey, thank you so much, i've uninstalled and installed drivers safely trough DDU And it is fixed! I do not know how this even happend, it just started while i was watching youtube. Well i guess im lucky it fixed it. Thank you so much, good luck to you man in teh future"!

Reactions: helper800
Also may i ask where did u learn about all the computer stuff? High school?
Personally, I learned through building PCs starting when I was in middle school and in high school I took an A++ certification prep course that I took seriously and learned a ton. I took some courses in college about logic gates, programming, engineering, and design regarding hardware. The bulk of my knowledge came through many 10s of builds over the years for friends, acquaintances, and family. I never charged for the builds, and I treated them as teaching experiences for the people I was doing builds for.