Green dots on the screen

Antoine Miner

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
Alright so my brother just recently built his own pc and he's having a issue. There is green dots appearing all over his screen when his graphics card is plugged in. If he removes the graphics card, the computer is fine and there is no dots but when it's plugged in there is dots everywhere, it happens as soon as the pc boots up. Even in bios there is the dots! He had the same graphic card do this to him in his old pc so we thought the graphic card was failing so he asked for a refund and they sent him the new one. He received all his new pc parts at the same time so we built the new pc and as soon as we boot it up, it does the same thing. So then we thought maybe it was the psu since it's the only old part in there, so we ordered a new one and nope, not the psu. We need help to solve this!

The specs are:
evga gtx 1060
8gb of ram
Evga 750 BQ (psu)
I7-7700k core
And im not too sure about the motherboard

Thanks in advance!

Antoine Miner

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014

Sorry i clicked the wrong button! And no it was not overclocked and i would say the same as you, but the thing is when we unplug the gpu, all works fine.

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Are the dots fixed or do they randomly move around after each restart? Do the dots increase when you are playing GPU intensive games or run stress tests? Try a new cable or a different port. Also change the resolution and reduce the refresh rate. See if the dots move around.

Once that is done and the same thing happens, the monitor is at fault. You can double check this by swapping your monitor with his or using a different screen. If the dots disappear, you'll have confirmation the monitor is defective.

Antoine Miner

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014

The dots moves around as we pass the mouse over it, some disapears and some reapears. We did not try to play a game on there yet!

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
The dots have moved so it's not your monitor. It is your graphics card. Push in your HDMI firmly. Swap the monitor and the HDMI/DVI display cable with a different one before returning the card, just to double check. Reduce the refresh rate and/or the resolution.

If none of this works, return the card and never go to Las Vegas.

Antoine Miner

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
Alright so ya i doubt really strongly that it's the monitor, i plugged in my laptop in with the same hdmi cable and it does not do that, but my laptop only has a gtx 1050 in there so idk. The thing that is really strange is 2 graphics card both does the same...