Green horizontal lines/GPU not showing in "Display Adapters"/Nvidia driver version 460.79

Dec 13, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I was hoping to get some help/direction in regards to some issues I have been having with my new PC. Ill list them out below to make them easier to read/respond.

-PROBLEM When I boot my pc, I get these green horizontal lines going across my screen. These line are present from initial start up logo all the way through the log in, however they disappear when I am in the BIOS. What I have attempted. I have checked all the connections on the MOBO, as well as attempted different HDMI cables. I have also re-installed windows through an entirely new ssd, and nothing seems to correct this issue?

-PROBLEM My GPU does not show up when looking through my display adapters, I came across this issue when attempting to trouble shoot those green lines. I am not sure if this some how ties into my previous issue or if it doesn't really matter? What I have attempted. I tried manually adding the graphics card through the "action" header and then through the legacy option. However, my GPU wasn't even an option?

-PROBLEM I initially thought I could fix the green lines through an NVIDIA driver update, however this made things worse. Any NVIDIA driver update I install, completely cuts off my display. The monitor seems to still be getting a signal, but no display is available. I turn my pc off, then like clockwork I get the pro series logo, followed by a black screen. What I have done. At that point, I have to enter the PC through "safe mode" and run Display Driver uninstaller which helps me get back to square one.

I have been trouble shooting this issue for a little while now with no luck, I am fairly new to PC building so I was hoping I could rely on the "Tom's Hardware" forums knowledge to navigate these problems. Any information would be greatly appreciated!