Question Green Led, Computer won't display

nlt

Jul 25, 2019
So my brothers computer is not working. He has a Asus z370-H Gaming mobo and the green (Boot_Led) is lit up. All the lights and fans come on, but the computer won't display. Can't even get the bios to come up. I tried unplugging the psu and holding the power button and that didn't work. Also tried resetting cmos that didn't work. Completely unplugged the gpu and tried plugging the hdmi into the mobo and it still wouldn't display.

It's been working fine for over a year or two and he hasn't done anything to it. He hadn't turned it on for a while, maybe a couple of weeks, and it just suddenly wouldn't display. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Z370-H Gaming
16gb ram G-skil Ripjaws 3200MHz (1 card)
i7-8700k
1080ti
Cooler Mater 650 watt psu

Last edited:

nlt

Jul 25, 2019
Actually finally figured out the problem. We got the on board mother board graphics finally working. And was able to get another computer to put the gpu in and it wouldn't work. Weird thing is, is that there was some sort of black sludge on the pins of the gpu. We cleaned it and put it back into the old computers pcie slot to see if it would work and it didn't. When we took it out again there was more small traces of the sludge. I have no idea what it could of been. Idk if something overheated and melted, or if maybe a bug crawled in there? Or maybe some thermal compound leaked somehow?