Question Green light and white light on motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2020
So I have had this pc for a month and this problem occurred there’s a green and white light and no display ?
Could someone help if they know anything
Iv tried swapping ram taking out gpu everything but nothing works

Sep 17, 2020
More information needed:

Make and model PC:

PC hardware specs and OS version?

Where on the motherboard are the green and white lights and how are they labeled?
I’m using the Ryzen 9 3900x
Rtx 2060
ASU’s tuf b550 plus
16GB ram
Evga br psu
The white light is vga and green is boot

Ralston18

Titan
What wattage is that EVGA PSU?

You have had the system for a month - is the system new, used, reconditioned, self-built?

Motherboard User Guide:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...0-PLUS/E16576_TUF_GAMING_B550-PLUS_UM_WEB.pdf

Do verify that I have match Guide to motherboard.

Read the User Guide and confirm that all installations and connections are made in accordance with the Guide's instructions.

Since the computer has been working my thought is that something has simply come loose.

Treat as a new build and work through the connections again. Ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

LED explanations are found on physically numbered Pags 1-5 and 1-7.

Sep 17, 2020
What wattage is that EVGA PSU?

You have had the system for a month - is the system new, used, reconditioned, self-built?

Motherboard User Guide:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...0-PLUS/E16576_TUF_GAMING_B550-PLUS_UM_WEB.pdf

Do verify that I have match Guide to motherboard.

Read the User Guide and confirm that all installations and connections are made in accordance with the Guide's instructions.

Since the computer has been working my thought is that something has simply come loose.

Treat as a new build and work through the connections again. Ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

LED explanations are found on physically numbered Pags 1-5 and 1-7.
Yeah Iv tried this made it again as if it was new and still the same problem

Ralston18

Titan
Try another known working video cable.

Try another known working monitor.

Try cable and monitor on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem follows monitor or cable or remains with your pc.

PSU wattage? PSU age and condition? Heavy gaming or video use. Maybe even bit-mining?

Sep 17, 2020
Try another known working video cable.

Try another known working monitor.

Try cable and monitor on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem follows monitor or cable or remains with your pc.

PSU wattage? PSU age and condition? Heavy gaming or video use. Maybe even bit-mining?
Yep Iv tried but nothing and the evga br is 700 and brand new

Ralston18

Titan
Are you able to test display without the RTX 260? I.e., integrated GPU if available via CPU.

What about the other video ports on the GPU?

Which port DP, HDMI, or DVI have you been using?

Also ; you mentioned "white light is vga". Where is that light located.

Sep 17, 2020
Are you able to test display without the RTX 260? I.e., integrated GPU if available via CPU.

What about the other video ports on the GPU?

Which port DP, HDMI, or DVI have you been using?

Also ; you mentioned "white light is vga". Where is that light located.
The white light is in the motherboard vga light and yes I tried all ports but nothing it’s working and I have no intergrated graphics

Ralston18

Titan
Okay - found it. The Q leds over by the RAM slots and the power connectors.

Physically numbered Page 1-1, upper right of the motherboard. Green circled "20".

Based on what you have done to date, the troubleshooting seems to narrow down to the GPU.

Do you have another GPU to try or another known working computer in which to test your GPU?

Objective being to determine if the display problem stays with your computer or follows the GPU.

Sep 17, 2020
Okay - found it. The Q leds over by the RAM slots and the power connectors.

Physically numbered Page 1-1, upper right of the motherboard. Green circled "20".

Based on what you have done to date, the troubleshooting seems to narrow down to the GPU.

Do you have another GPU to try or another known working computer in which to test your GPU?

Objective being to determine if the display problem stays with your computer or follows the GPU.
Yh I’m going to have to buy one Becasue no one has any and shops charge for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.