[SOLVED] Green light and white light

Jan 14, 2022
I was reseating my GPU because it kept on going black screen and then revving fans to the max (gigabyte 3080 OC) so then i was done reseating i tried to boot and a white light popped up, everything was working fine before. when i changed the gpu (rtx 2070 geforce) it suddenly changed lights. it went from just white to green light. so then j thought its the mobo so then i reseated the RAM with no luck and now im just stuck with a orange light.

SPECS:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Gigabyte RTX 3080 OC
ASUS b550 F gaming
750W Corsair PSU
Arctic Cooler 360

Windows 10

LED's:
White Light: VGA
Orange Light: RAM
Green Light: BOOT

Last edited:
Solution
This motherboard? (Confirm that I found the applicable User Manual.)

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E16609_ROG_STRIX_B550-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

And the above posted LEDs are the Q-LEDs as shown on Page 1-21 of the User Manual - correct?

Per Page 1-21:

If Boot is Green - that is okay.
If VGA is white - that is okay.
If RAM is orange, that could be a off red - not okay being either orange or red.
If CPU is unlit (off) that is not okay.

Work through the User Manual step by step to double check all of your work.

Seatings, connections, configurations.

Again, ensure that I found the correct User Manual for the motherboard. Also review the documentation for the GPU and other installed...

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard? (Confirm that I found the applicable User Manual.)

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E16609_ROG_STRIX_B550-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

And the above posted LEDs are the Q-LEDs as shown on Page 1-21 of the User Manual - correct?

Per Page 1-21:

If Boot is Green - that is okay.
If VGA is white - that is okay.
If RAM is orange, that could be a off red - not okay being either orange or red.
If CPU is unlit (off) that is not okay.

Work through the User Manual step by step to double check all of your work.

Seatings, connections, configurations.

Again, ensure that I found the correct User Manual for the motherboard. Also review the documentation for the GPU and other installed components.

Hopefully there is just a loose connection or some error of omission or commission.

Solution