Question Green light mobo - PC is on?

L95T

Reputable
Apr 18, 2019
Hello,

So in September 2021 I was out of the country, family came around to check the house etc. and when I asked family member to check my PC for a log in I needed, it wouldn't boot up. When I got back the next month I found my motherboard had a green light on it, and wouldn't boot whatsoever.

Since I wasn't too concerned and didn't use the PC much, I put it away. Recently I needed the PC, and today I tried to boot it up - it had the same issue. I ended up taking out all components except the motherboard itself, the PSU and the CPU. I tried booting it up with just these three and it worked.

So I put all components in one by one, and the PC kept booting up. Now, it's working like it used to except the green light on the mobo is still on.

Any idea why this was happening and why it wasn't booting in the first place? I really haven't done much to fix it other than basically reseat all components and I'm not sure if the green light on the mobo should be displaying? I've never noticed it before so I couldn't say if it's always been there.

Just wanna get ahead of it in case my PC stops booting up again.

Thanks.

Hello,

So in September 2021 I was out of the country, family came around to check the house etc. and when I asked family member to check my PC for a log in I needed, it wouldn't boot up. When I got back the next month I found my motherboard had a green light on it, and wouldn't boot whatsoever.

Since I wasn't too concerned and didn't use the PC much, I put it away. Recently I needed the PC, and today I tried to boot it up - it had the same issue. I ended up taking out all components except the motherboard itself, the PSU and the CPU. I tried booting it up with just these three and it worked.

So I put all components in one by one, and the PC kept booting up. Now, it's working like it used to except the green light on the mobo is still on.

Any idea why this was happening and why it wasn't booting in the first place? I really haven't done much to fix it other than basically reseat all components and I'm not sure if the green light on the mobo should be displaying? I've never noticed it before so I couldn't say if it's always been there.

Just wanna get ahead of it in case my PC stops booting up again.

Thanks.
Green light could mean anything, list your parts and check MB manual to see what it means.

L95T

Reputable
Apr 18, 2019
Green light could mean anything, list your parts and check MB manual to see what it means.

I have GTX 980Ti, i5-4690k with 16gb RAM and ASUS Q87M-E mobo.

Not sure why I didn't check the manual first - sorry. It says:

TSGSgf6.png

I guess it's nothing, I've just never noticed it before and as far as I'm aware, it only came on when the PC didn't boot up and has stayed on since.