Green Light Motherboard On, But No Boot

mw2geek247

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I recently decided to switch to a micro itx build for the convenience. Here are the components I am using:

Case: corsair 250D
CPU: i52500k
MB: ASUS P8H61-I LX R2.0
GPU: GTX 580

I have everything arranged properly and the computer will not boot. The tiny green light in the bottom right hand corner of the board is in fact lit. I have re arranged the front panel headers a million times in accordance to the manual's diagram. I know the power switch is the main one I have to worry about, but just focusing on that one didn't yield results either. I have made sure that the cpu fan header is occupied. Still nothing.

It's important to note that the CPU and GPU were both taken out of a full tower build and immediately placed into the new build when the case and motherboard arrived this afternoon. I can verify that the cpu and psu are in fact functional as I was using them just this morning before the corsair case and micro itx board were shipped to me later this past afternoon.

If anyone could offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping that I'm making some sort of a careless error.

Solution
Did you try booting with just once stick of ram installed? Try taking out the processor and see if you have any bent pins. If you still can't get things to work just rma the board and ask for a refund. I looked at the board and it only has sata 2, so you could probably rma and then get a better board with sata 3.

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
That sounds like a problem with something the motherboard is attached to having issues. It probably is something simple like something not being connected properly. You can fallow this video guide that will give you a good in depth guide to fixing your issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJ_vqVRp5g If non of that works try taking out your processor and see if you have any bent pins, which the if it did the motherboard would still give you the L.E.D light on the motherboard.

mw2geek247

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I also just tried removing the mb from the case and placing it on cardboard. From there I got rid of the graphics card and just tried to start it with what was needed, memory and cpu, since I believed that mb has onboard graphics. I removed the heatsink on the cpu just to make things easier. I know that the cpu fan slot needs to be used for it to boot so I threw a 4pin case fan in that connector. Still no prevail. Either am I messing something up or one of my components is messed up.

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Did you try booting with just once stick of ram installed? Try taking out the processor and see if you have any bent pins. If you still can't get things to work just rma the board and ask for a refund. I looked at the board and it only has sata 2, so you could probably rma and then get a better board with sata 3.

Solution