Question Green lines but not in bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLG

Dec 25, 2020
Hello all,

I have this one year old prebuilt PC with an RTX 3070. The computer has an issue where when it gets to the windows boot screen (black screen with the rotating dots) some green lines appear all around the screen, then I get a black screen and nothing else. The computer does stay on though.

However, in the BIOS, there is no issue. No green lines, nothing.

I have tried:

Reseating the card
Putting an old graphics card lower power card into the computer (worked fine)
Reinstalling drivers using the onboard graphics (version 461.72)
Disabling power-saving options in the bios
Putting the card into my old computer (showed some numbers in the bottom right like "0_", but no green lines???

So i think the card is toast. However, this is a 900$ card nowadays so I wanna be sure of ALL my other options before I RMA or buy a new one.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age(if it was recycled from an earlier build? Old PU's make and model? Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers prior to reinstalling said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

NLG

Dec 25, 2020
Make and model of your PSU and it's age(if it was recycled from an earlier build? Old PU's make and model? Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers prior to reinstalling said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?
I have not tried uninstalling those drivers using DDU, ill go ahead and do that. The PSU is an Apevia 800w Jupiter Power, same brand as the case so I think the company that built the PC used a case/psu combo. I tried running just the graphics card off a corsair CX430w PSU and it also presented the same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.