Green lines covering my screen

KADIZZLE1127

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
My computer Wasn’t turning on so I took it apart dusted everything and put it together outside of the case and it got it to work and i tested to see what the display looked like. Everything was going well. I put everything in the case turned it on everything was still good. I hooked up the fans, plugged in the audio, usb and Sata cables did the cable management. Turned it on and the whole screen was all green and
0s17cXN8FCSAJdYo9XasHGTEQ
messed up. I unplugged all of the things I connected right before the display messed up. Everything is still green. I put a different graphics card in, same thing. I plugged my monitor into my Xbox. The display looked fine. I tested the onboard graphics it looked good. It could be the pcie port but I don’t know how that could’ve happened.

Here’s a picture
http://

It’s upsidedown but hopefully you get the idea

Solution
Yeah that’s not good it’s called artifacts maybe when you cleaned your computer you took out the graphics card and some dust got some place it shouldn’t eg the pcie slot on the motherboard or the connector or inside the graphics card

gourge

Reputable
Nov 6, 2018
Yeah that’s not good it’s called artifacts maybe when you cleaned your computer you took out the graphics card and some dust got some place it shouldn’t eg the pcie slot on the motherboard or the connector or inside the graphics card

Solution

KADIZZLE1127

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
I switched the graphics cards between two computers and it made both of them do the green screen but when the graphics cards are in their original computers only one turns green. Could it be both the graphics card and the motherboard both messing up at the same time somehow?

KADIZZLE1127

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
Oh sorry I have one monitor but have two computers and I switched the graphics cards between the two and the problem occurred between both of the computers when I put the problem computers graphics card in the one with no errors the screen was completely normal. I think you were right about the dust. I cleaned the connection points on the graphics card and tested it on my good computer and there’s no error. Now I need to get the dust out of the pcie port. Should I use an air compressor to get the dust out? Sorry I hope this isn’t confusing it’s hard to put into understandable words

gourge

Reputable
Nov 6, 2018
No problem that sounds promising you shouldn’t use a compressed air it’s too strong a compressed air can would be good. Also on the GPU if you have some isopropanol alcohol and a brush to clean the golden connector tabs