Question Green moving artifacts during vids and gaming

Mar 20, 2021
I have been experiencing some weird green moving artifacts for a while now, and I've been trying to solve this for ever. It appears randomly on my second monitor, only today it happened on my main monitor when looking at the sky ingame(Rainbow six).
Guess it started happening after I got my main monitor(Lg 27gl83a-b), but the problem only occured on the second monitor(MSI optix mag27c). I had the 1080 FE at the beginning, so I thought it maybe was the GPU? guess not.
I am using displayport 1.2 on the msi(swapped 3 times) and dp 1.4 on the Lg(swapped 1 time). I have tried tinkering with the monitor options, changing from 144 hz to 120 -> 60hz, it still happens....
The monitors are mounted on monitor arms.

Some temp fixes have been:
  • Restarting the pc
  • In n out with the dp cable, but then i've heard its damaging for the cable to do that(not done that with the new cables)
Photo: see below
It can be smaller and larger depending on what i'm looking at. Snapshot from one of multiple lines, on certain images it can suddenly dissappear, then next frame come back.

Current setup is:
CPU: i5-10400f with H100i Capellix 240mm cooler
MB: Gigabyte Vision Z590 G
RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200 Mhz 32gb
GPU: Gigabyte 3070 vision OC
Storage: 2nvme drives(kingston) and 3 2,5 ssd's(samsung)
PSU: 600W corsair Titanium
case: O11 mini

Old setup: used to have a r5 3600 and a x570 gigabyte aorus elite, and before 3070 I had a 1080 FE.

I have always up to date with driver, windows update etc.
Everything is new in the build now except for the keyboard and MSI monitor
Just in case someone misunderstood me, it started after I got my LG, but the problems appeared on my older msi monitor
Anyone got something that might solve this?
Ty for reading.

Last edited: