Green on my watercooler pump?

Aug 26, 2018
Idk what this is but there is green on my bracket of my watercooler can you PLSS tell my what this is is this the end of my world am i gonna die idk tell me\
102f75529a6795d701ffbfd88ea6e562.jpg

https://gyazo.com/102f75529a6795d701ffbfd88ea6e562

Solution
Then it is ultimately your decision, but please understand the warnings we have given you. If continuing to play games (assuming its Fortnite like your screenname implies), then be prepared that it can suddenly leak even more causing larger hardware failures and damage requiring purchase of new components. This is not going to get any better - it will only continue at the same rate (getting worse slowly) or just get worse all at once.

The easiest solution would be to remove the liquid cooler and install the factory heatsink/fan or find a relatively cheap air cooler while you RMA the liquid cooler.

Seeing the images you have posted - I wouldn't power the system on until the liquid cooler is removed and another one installed, but this...

Lutfij

Titan
Looks like tarnishing/corrosion from liquid leaking onto the mounting mechanism. Would you have more images of the block/mount/and the bottom of that image whereby any strays drops could land? Please state if this is an AIO or a custom liquid loop. For either case, please state the parts used.

Aug 26, 2018

Is this what you mean?
https://gyazo.com/f4076db9bf4c2ae62fb8a1c70d3208dd
https://gyazo.com/c9184179b5760a0c330bea1d85aa04a5

Aug 26, 2018

Should i not game and let it repaired cus i aint fucking with water close to cpu, gpu and shit

Yes that is "rust." Keeping in mind that rust is a technical term for the oxidization of iron. In your case What you are seeing is the oxidization of whatever metal your mounting bracket is made out of. It looks like that bracket was chrome plated, but that chrome as chipped or cracked or been dissolved and allowed either the humidity in the air or most likely liquid leaking from the cooler causing it to oxidize.

My suggestion would be to replace, repair, or RMA the unit immediately.

(edit: new posts slipped in)
Watch your language. All ages use these forums.

I would at the very least put several paper towels under the CPU. I would avoid use unless absolutely necessary. Ideally, uninstall the cooling unit and put the stock cooler on there temporarily.

Aug 26, 2018

Can i game or i just cant?

That's looks like Cooler Master 240 or 280 AiO cooler, it's cooler body is made of copper, green color is color of Copper sulfate or fro liquid inside. That also means there is a small leak, CM gives 5 years warranty so if applicable in your locale I would send it back. They also guarantee for any damage done by leaks but it's wailed and convoluted to realize.
At very least, take it off, clean and connect to 12vDC to see if you can detect a leak.

You could with some precautions. It doesn't look like anything is dripping down on the GPU right now. It looks like it's just a slow leak. Or something related to high humidity.

If you absolutely need to play, put some paper towels in there. Like I said ideally remove the device and replace it with your stock cooler (if you had one) or get a air cooler temporarily. Then you need to return repair or replace the AIO.

Aug 26, 2018

is it bad to game rn? I heve maked a picture and i can see if its getting worse if its getting worse fast ill take action but can i leave it rn for a day of 2

Aug 26, 2018

I had a very bad leak in my house so maybe that was high humidity.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I feel this 'absolute need to play games' is kind of more important than the possibility that you might end up with hardware failure? Seems like priorities are not aligned.

Like others have mentioned, contact them and get an RMA of the cooler. This is evidence of a coolant leak - what you're seeing there is corrosion and build up of coolant reacting with the metal it is forming on. There is really no way of knowing how much is left within the cooler itself other than unmounting it and shaking it to see how 'empty' it sounds. Sloshing is an indicator of air displacement. If a cooler is 100% of liquid, it cannot make a 'sloshing' sound when tilted or moved.

Aug 26, 2018

So when it would be leaking and i shake my pc it would make a water sloshing sound

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Most AIO coolers aren't 100% full even when they leave the factory, but a noticeable sloshing would indicate there is a much lower coolant level. Low coolant levels can mean poor cooling and potential for airlocks in the pump.

The images you've shown us indicate a coolant leak which can cause motherboard or graphics card failure due to shorting. It would seem the leak is very minor and slow due to the calcification of coolant on the bracket, but could mean a larger leak could occur at any time due to this failure.

Aug 26, 2018

It still cools very good
https://gyazo.com/e421e53a1652744582230c54fba49401

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Then it is ultimately your decision, but please understand the warnings we have given you. If continuing to play games (assuming its Fortnite like your screenname implies), then be prepared that it can suddenly leak even more causing larger hardware failures and damage requiring purchase of new components. This is not going to get any better - it will only continue at the same rate (getting worse slowly) or just get worse all at once.

The easiest solution would be to remove the liquid cooler and install the factory heatsink/fan or find a relatively cheap air cooler while you RMA the liquid cooler.

Seeing the images you have posted - I wouldn't power the system on until the liquid cooler is removed and another one installed, but this is your choice.

Solution