Question Green pixels all over my monitor

Jun 25, 2018
I was playing Skyrim with a ton of mods. Skyrim crashes as Skyrim does. But instead of the game freezing, my entire pc freezes. I'm forced to hold down the power button to turn it off. When I start it again, the resolution has changed to something like 800x600p, so I could barely read what was on screen. not only that, green pixels had shown up all over the screen. At this point, I have managed to get my resolution to 1920x1080p, but I can't get it up to the native 2560x1440p

I tried to use DDU to reinstall my GPU drivers, but that didn't work. Not only that, but whenever I press the install button, it loads and then it says that it has been installed, but GeForce experience still says that I haven't downloaded the latest driver. I use a Displayport for my monitor.

This is what it looks like:

View: https://i.imgur.com/54dXkrw.png

Specs: RTX 2070, 16 GB of RAM, I9 9900K, 750 W PSU (Gold rated), MG278 monitor and Z370-F Motherboard.

I have tried to plug in a HDMI cable. The resolution gets locked at 800x600p but the green pixelation disappears though. The problem with GeForce experience drivers refusing to be installed persists. It seems that the HDMI cable removes the green pixelation problem, but the resolution I locked. however, the Displayport cable sets the resolution at 1920x1080p, but the green shit is returns.