willabyblen

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
Hi,

I have an EVGA 3080 and have had an intermittent issue with green rectangle artifacts appearing.

I have a dual monitor setup two 1440p 144hz monitors one a samsung g7 oddessy and 1 Dell monitor 144hz that was overlocked to 155hz (this is a feature on the monitor not my own overclock.) This is the second time this has happened in a month.

When i launch a game during the actual start up of the game the left monitor the samsung is fine which has the game in fullscreen but the right monitor the dell which is displaying the desktop has green rectangle shaped artifacts appear. The first time this happened it ended up with a BSOD with the tag video scheduler internal error. The second time today i noticed the artifacts starting to appear and ended the task on the game which didn't result in a BSOD. I then restarted my PC and all is well again.

My CPU is overclocked at the moment and so is my RAM but the GPU is not. I have now removed the overlclock from the dell monitor to see if this may be the issue but was wondering what else this could be. I did replace my RAM a couple of months ago but the rest of the system has been the same since i purchased the 3080 at launch.

Further Info : When my PC BSOD during the first issue i did notice my windows files had corrupted and some of my steam games showed they were uninstalled (still on the SDD though) and also my logins for discord steam etc had been wiped and i have to log in to them again. I ran SFC /scannow after the first BSOD and it did reconige corrupt files but the second time today (with no BSOD) i ran it again and no corrupt files were found.

I appreciate any help as i do not want to RMA the card just yet with the supply shortages of 3080's currently if i can help it!

willabyblen

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
Hi thank you for the reply. I have already used DDU before to he honest and I it didn't generate artifacts and I recently used the geforce updater a day or two before the next artifacts. I'll DDU again and see if that resolves it and will also check the temps of the memory junction as well as per your suggestion. I will post an update if it happens again and if not will use this as a best answer.