[SOLVED] Green/Red pixels on my screen.

May 9, 2019
I have green or red pixels on my screen depending on what its displaying. Pure white such as chrome background doesn't appear to be affected. Discord dark theme doesn't appear to be affect as well. Things like wallpapers,videos and games are affected. I often see green pixels in lightly shaded areas and red pixels in darker areas. Both of them are reduced when I change my resolution to 1280x720. Also, my screen will go black if I try to run games in 1080x768. Not sure if that is related but i'm just putting it out there. Safe mode doesn't have the same problems.

Last edited:
Solution
Sorry for late response. I was reinstalling my gpu driver. Unlike the last time I did it, it actually worked this time and I no longer have the problem. Must have been fixed in the latest version.

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
I have green or red pixels on my screen depending on what its displaying. Pure white such as chrome background doesn't appear to be affected. Discord dark theme doesn't appear to be affect as well. Things like wallpapers,videos and games are affected. I often see green pixels in lightly shaded areas and red pixels in darker areas. Both of them are reduced when I change my resolution to 1280x720. Also, my screen will go black if I try to run games in 1080x768. Not sure if that is related but i'm just putting it out there. Safe mode doesn't have the same problems.

Ok, if you are using onboard graphics or have a GPU then it would no be a connection problem. It seems to be a failing video port or if you have a GPU then it could be a bad card. Safe mode only gives basic drivers for your video and won't use the full function of onboard or GPU graphics.

If possible and it is a dedicated GPU then try to test it in another PC.
Try a different input if you have one.

What type of video do you have?

May 9, 2019
Sorry for late response. I was reinstalling my gpu driver. Unlike the last time I did it, it actually worked this time and I no longer have the problem. Must have been fixed in the latest version.

Solution