Death_God

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
I have recently build a new gaming ring with 5700XT, spec is at the bottom.
Generally speaking, I am very happy with the card and when it performs, it does well.

However, recently I have been experiencing some rather irritating issues.
Firstly, when I play ESO (Elder Scrolls Online), it would randomly give me a green screen and crash halfway through playing.

As normally, I looked into the problem and noticed that my fans would be on 0 RPM. and only kick in when the temp gets above 70, and on some occasions the card would get to 80+.

That is where I have decided to set a manual curve, which did wonders. No more green screen, cool GPU, happy days.

Until for some odd and explainable reasons the Adrenaline decided to reset my fan profile, to much lower than what I have set. As you can guess, I get the Green Screen of doom.

From that moment on the green screen would be regular and the fan reset as well. As if the changes I make, never really stick or get saved.

On top of this, as of today, I can't even start Adrenaline, it would crash every every time.

I have tried to reinstall, all in vain. I don't really know what to do at this point and if I should contact the MSI for a replacement card, or if it the issue caused by the side of the AMD with the poor drivers and software? I can get a replacement no problem.

602-V381-152SB1912000169
Basic specs

-------------

GPU: MSI GAMING X 5700XT

CPU: Intel i5 8600K

RAM: 16GB

PSU: 750W Gold

Solution
-Depends on the make and model of the psu. If it's 'gold rated' it 'should be' ok... you never know sometimes.

-Ram is weird. It can be inconsistent at times. There's Memtest86 free tool for that one: https://www.memtest86.com/

-HDD, yeah, you would have issues with bios and logging in to Windows.

-Sometimes crashes can happen in game, but not in benchmarks, or not in game, but in the benchmarks... but, that's part of troubleshooting.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This sounds like their fault, and you should probably get the gpu replaced.
Your experience tells me that SOMETHING was overheating:
-doesn't appear to be the gpu core from the numbers you posted
-could've been either the memory or VRMs
Because of the Adrenaline resets, the part in question would overheat again, causing the green artifact until you reapplied the custom curve.
But, it's happened enough to cause thermal degradation.

That's what it looks like to me - I could be ENTIRELY wrong.

Death_God

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
So we can rule out other components?

It shoudnt be psu, its 750W gold, and it woudnt start if that was the issue?

If it was, RAM or HDD, it shoudnt start either, maybe boot max to bios?

It books, and only crashed when gaming, I would suspect that benchmarking would crash it too.

I will look to getting a refund on the card and order a new one

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
-Depends on the make and model of the psu. If it's 'gold rated' it 'should be' ok... you never know sometimes.

-Ram is weird. It can be inconsistent at times. There's Memtest86 free tool for that one: https://www.memtest86.com/

-HDD, yeah, you would have issues with bios and logging in to Windows.

-Sometimes crashes can happen in game, but not in benchmarks, or not in game, but in the benchmarks... but, that's part of troubleshooting.

Solution