Question Green screen and reboot. I have tried everything and cannot find the cause

Sep 6, 2024
Hello. Everything started to go wrong once I upgraded my CPU. Ever since then I've been seeing solid green screens and the system would reboot. I use this only for gaming but it has also crashed while I was browsing the internet. It can work fine for a few weeks but the problem always comes back. I have changed the motherboard, reinstalled Windows 10 and drivers with DDU. Changed HDMI cable. Installed chipset drivers, checked RAM with memtest and did various stress tests like Furmark. Temperatures are fine. No crashes and no issues detected. I updated the BIOS several times so I don't know what to do anymore. The only thing I have to go on is the Event Viewer says something about a "Enhanced Storage Error" around the times the crashes happen. I've read a bit about it and apparently it's a prevalent issue with Crucial drives, which I have. So I installed its software, updated the firmware and it still crashes. Is it even related? I couldn't find anything relating that error with green screens. Other than that the system didn't create any Minidump files that I could find. Is there any other way I could look for crash dumps or something? I'm at a loss. I have to emphasize the computer worked perfectly fine until I changed the old CPU (Ryzen 5 1600)

Specs are: 16GB TridentZ RGB RAM
Asus Tuf b550 Wifi 2 motherboard
Radeon Sapphire Pulse 5600XT
Crucial Mx500 SSD and Western Digital 1Tb HDD
Ryzen 5 5500
EVGA 650W PSU

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA 650W PSU
EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit and it's age?

+
I updated the BIOS several times so I don't know what to do anymore.
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Did you clear the CMOS after verifying the BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

16GB TridentZ RGB RAM
Got a link to said ram kit?

Sep 6, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA 650W PSU
EVGA is the brand of the PSU while 650W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model of the unit and it's age?

+
I updated the BIOS several times so I don't know what to do anymore.
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Did you clear the CMOS after verifying the BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

16GB TridentZ RGB RAM
Got a link to said ram kit?
I'm not sure about the model. GQ maybe? I bought it in 2017. It's 80+ gold.

Bios Version is the latest one I believe. 3607. I will check again but this happened with another mobo as well and I was constantly updating the BIOS then. I also switched the CMOS battery on the old one. I didn't clear it on the new one yet though, I might do just in case.

Ram is this one I believe: https://www.gskill.com/qvl/165/166/1536547950/F4-2400C15D-16GTZR-QVL