Question Green screen flickering when gaming in full screen

alexdbz

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
Green screen flickering in gaming
AMD Graphics Card Asus Expedition RX 570 4GB DDR5
Desktop PC
Operating System Windows 10 64bit (fully up to date)
Driver version installed 19.4.1 i had latest version 19.5.1
(but issue remains so i revert back to old one)
Display Devices Samsung (s24d330) 1920x1080 resolution 60HZ connected via HDML cable to GPU
Motherboard AsRock 320M-DGS
CPU/APU Ryzen 5 1600x
Power Supply Unit Coolermaster 600w i dont know exact model sorry

RAM 8 GB HyperX drr4 2660
Okay so any game i play (Black desert online, League of legends Total war warhammer 2) same issue happens GPU is around 5 months old now.
Green screen flashes under entire screen for couple of seconds it happens often, when i set it to window mode same thing happens
But if i am just using PC browsing web it all works normal
Gotta add when i game my GPU rocks up to 70 Celsius or sometimes 80Celsius
If changed few settings in Radeon settings > Display > Pixel Format currently set to YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel format standard full RGB and if i was to change to other i wouldnt get green screen just black one but same thing happen!
Its driving me insane is my GPU dead? is the problem with drivers? pc monitor? I literally want to trash stupid rx and just go buy Nvidia please help i am desperate I am even thinking to reinstall entire OS formal everything

alexdbz

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
I'd start with uninstalling the GPU drivers and installing a previous updated version, not the most up-to-date and see if that makes a difference.
Hey thank you for answering
i tried with latest update but same thing happen, Only workaround i got for this is to use window mode and it seems to go away but it sucks that i am forced to play in window mode

mtracy1991

Reputable
Have you attempted to calibrate the monitor? Try that out. How is the monitor connected to the GPU; HDMI, VGA, etcetera. I'd say try a different cable or swap to different ports (assuming the different ports you tried already) Does this issue pop-up during the login screen for league? Or do you have to be in the game? I say try running a GPU temperature analyzer such as HWinfo and see what the temps are and if there are any abnormalities within temps or what not. Is your GPU under warranty as well? I'd suggest calling up the manufacturer and questioning about the issue you have any maybe RMA the GPU. Do you have another GPU you can test?

alexdbz

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
Have you attempted to calibrate the monitor? Try that out. How is the monitor connected to the GPU; HDMI, VGA, etcetera. I'd say try a different cable or swap to different ports (assuming the different ports you tried already) Does this issue pop-up during the login screen for league? Or do you have to be in the game? I say try running a GPU temperature analyzer such as HWinfo and see what the temps are and if there are any abnormalities within temps or what not. Is your GPU under warranty as well? I'd suggest calling up the manufacturer and questioning about the issue you have any maybe RMA the GPU. Do you have another GPU you can test?
Monitor is connected via HDMI cable to GPU i cant really swap new ports coz GPU has 1 HDMI and one DVI port
Issue happens after game loads the loading screen
GPU temperature goes about to 70 Celsius or above when im playing games could be gpu over heat?

May 2, 2019
Sounds like that GPU required a coffin.
Alternatively, you could try giving your PC a good dusting before installing the new GPU to prevent it from getting choked.