Question Green screen just after POST ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2022
So I get a solid green screen(3060ti) just after post screen before windows loads, replugging my hdmi cable back in sorts the picture from green to normal until next restart. Started about 1 week ago so I decided to update drivers as I saw new ones were available.

When I boot into safe mode no green screen, I used DDU and uninstalled the drivers, no green screen when logging back in from safe mode but when I install the latest drivers as soon as the screen flickers black like normal during the install its back to a green screen, if I unplug my hdmi and put it back in the picture returns to normal.

I have swapped hdmi cables and ports on tv/gpu, swapped gpu power cable, reseated the gpu, and its only in those 2 scenarios when it's a green screen, I can play games, watch videos with no problems, the computer does not randomly crash or artifact and if I put the pc to sleep I can wake it up without a green screen..

I installed nividias latest hotfix drivers 511.72 and nothing changed other then instead of a green screen during the flickering bit it was black, unplugging the hdmi cable restores the picture to normal. I have updated everything I can, tried roll back for drivers and system restore, nothing fixes the issue.

How do I fix this problem?
Is it causing damage to my gpu?

There are no crash logs or anything to make it seem like its driver related and I'm worried maybe my gpu is dying even though its only 5 months old. I have a ryzen 3600 with 16mb ram. If I turn the pc on with the hdmi cable unplugged it once showed a pink screen until I replaced it back in.

PSU is a evga gm 650 plus gold and was bought new with the graphics card.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022
Try latest "Studio drivers", see if these help,

Hi I tried this and unfortunately it did not work, very annoying trying to figure it out as I feel I have exhausted all options by this point, I don't get why it only happens on post or if I install the driver, or why the picture returns to normal after unplugging the hdmi cable

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can i see more of what system you have?

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

Feb 12, 2022
Can i see more of what system you have?
there are no options like you say in hwinfo, its gives me the option of sensors or summary only with no way to copy them.

Cpu: Ryzen 3600

Ram: corsair cmk16gx4m2b 3200 cl16

motherboard: msi b450m prob vhd max

Gpu: gigabyte 3060ti

Psu: evga gm 650 plus gold.
windows 11

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022
Got someone in your vicinity which has a pc in which you can test that gpu?

You have the latest bios for the motherboard?

I have latest bios update, don't have anyone to test the gpu, I am however convinced it is a tv problem as I can get past the green screen 95% of the time if I turn my pc on first then wait and turn the tv on, if I turn tv on first its green screen 100% of the time, strange. I have never heard of a problem like that so am unsure, but seeing as I can use the gpu with no problems after I hope it is the tv as I still have warranty for it.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I'd seggest to lower the resolution on the TV a notch and see if it happens again too.

You tried with different cable and on different ports/srouces right?

Also might help browsing TV settings menus maybe there's something for the situation (PC as source - TV as display). Also something on the PC display control panel regarding TV resolutions and settings.

Feb 12, 2022
I'd seggest to lower the resolution on the TV a notch and see if it happens again too.

You tried with different cable and on different ports/srouces right?

Also might help browsing TV settings menus maybe there's something for the situation (PC as source - TV as display). Also something on the PC display control panel regarding TV resolutions and settings.

Tried different cables, resolutions, different ports, different hz. I am going to be borrowing a monitor so I can see if it happens on that, I have messed around with all the settings in nvidia control panel and even changed the rgb, chroma settings, the only thing that seems to stop it is leaving the tv off until the pc has loaded first.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Tried different cables, resolutions, different ports, different hz. I am going to be borrowing a monitor so I can see if it happens on that, I have messed around with all the settings in nvidia control panel and even changed the rgb, chroma settings, the only thing that seems to stop it is leaving the tv off until the pc has loaded first.
Checking with a monitor is a good idea?

Is the TV a Philips? I've seen some Philips TVs do stuff like this especially with older ATI/AMD cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.