Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
PC Specs:
Ryzen 5 2400G (RX Vega 11 iGPU)
G.Skill Aegis 16GB 3000MHz 2x8 DDR4
Mobo ASUS A320M-K
Hello guys. So, I have green screen crash or reboots when gaming/benchmarking for about 20 minutes, especially when running Heaven Unigine benchmark. I don't think it's PSU failure because everything was working perfectly fine before I updated BIOS and MAYBE, but MAYBE because I installed new RAM. This also happened when I bought my PC about 6 months ago, I fixed it but I don't know how. I won't be too long. Things I have tried:

• Clearing CMOS multiple times
  • Switching RAM sticks
  • Tried downgrading the BIOS (failed, mobo doesn't support USB flashback, error "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!" in EZ Flash 3)
  • Reinstalling Windows 10 multiple times
  • Installing newest chipset and GPU drivers
  • Clean uninstalling GPU drivers with DDU in safe mode and then reinstalling the newest drivers normally
  • Clean installing GPU drivers with AMD Cleanup Utility
  • Turning off D.O.C.P and setting manual timings, frequency and voltage
  • Turning on D.O.C.P Standard
  • Underclocking to 2933 MHz
  • Overclocking SOC voltage to 1.5V (it was on 1.062V)
  • Overclocking RAM voltage from 1.35V to 1.365V
  • Overclocking memory frequency to 3200 MHz in hope it will be stable
  • And yeah - Myself sitting in front of the monitor for 4 days, 8 hours each trying to solve this problem.

Is there any hope guys? I don't want to buy any new components for now and buy expensive PSU's, motherboards and all, I spent a lot of money on this PC in hope to play some games and relax, but then this happened. I appreciate all the answers and thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you running the windows 10 insider build?

what USB devices are attached to PC?

tried running ddu and then installing win 10 drivers from windows update? slightly more stable version of the drivers.

I would test it using another GPU and see if you get same problem.

These assume PC can't boot but may help - DOn't download anything -

Check if there is a peripheral connected to the computer.

Sometimes, an external power cord, mouse, USB drive or perhaps a digital camera would cause trouble and threw your PC into a dead green screen. If yes, remove all the peripherals from the PC.

https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/windows-10-creators-green-screen-of-death-fix.html

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
Are you running the windows 10 insider build?

what USB devices are attached to PC?

tried running ddu and then installing win 10 drivers from windows update? slightly more stable version of the drivers.

I would test it using another GPU and see if you get same problem.

These assume PC can't boot but may help - DOn't download anything -

https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/windows-10-creators-green-screen-of-death-fix.html

No, I am not running Windows 10 Insider build.
USB devices attached to PC are only keyboard and mouse.
I didn't install drivers from Windows Update, I will try that.
I don't have another GPU, this is iGPU integrated together with Ryzen 5 2400G.
Thanks but I don't have that green screen, I have solid green screen with no crash and with audio corruption. I have to manually restart PC by reset button to get everything back to normal.

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
what PSU are you using?

should reduce speed on ram

Well, PSU came prebuilt along with the case, but I don't know if it is actually a PSU issue. Everything was working fine before that.
Some 550W Chinese crap, I don't even know which brand it is.
Do you have any suggestion to buy some non-expensive, non-cheap but a good PSU? Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would get a Seasonic as they don't make any bad PSU. Like one of these - https://seasonic.com/g-series

I don't know where you live so can't really suggest prices.

PSU is heart of PC, if you try to use a cheap one you can have other parts die faster than they would normally. IT also may not be able to actually support the power it says it can on case, so better to get a good one that can do 550watts or more if needed (though not for extended periods)

Last sort of PSU I would use is one built into a case... especially a non expensive case.

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
I would get a Seasonic as they don't make any bad PSU. Like one of these - https://seasonic.com/g-series

I don't know where you live so can't really suggest prices.

PSU is heart of PC, if you try to use a cheap one you can have other parts die faster than they would normally. IT also may not be able to actually support the power it says it can on case, so better to get a good one that can do 550watts or more if needed (though not for extended periods)

Last sort of PSU I would use is one built into a case... especially a non expensive case.

Thanks, but how can I be sure that it is PSU, BIOS, Driver or RAM problem? Or anything else?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Or it could be CPU - https://community.amd.com/thread/226150

ram - Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

hard to test BIOS really

Its unlikely to be a driver if you have reinstalled win 10 a few times already. Drivers don't cause freezes in most cases, they cause BSOD instead and you not getting an error, you getting a solid green screen

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
ram - Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

I was afraid you would say that. So basically if my brand new RAM sticks have errors, they are waste of money?
If it has errors, what am I going to say to the people from the store I bought RAM sticks from, my RAM is working but memtest86 detected some errors?
Sorry for annoying man but I'm very worried... I am going to run memtest soon and tell you the results. Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Green screen errors aren't normal behaviour for ram errors. Ram errors normally give you bsod, not freezes. I mean, you can get freezes from ram but its not as consistent as knowing what will cause it.

You need to test everything to find out what isn't the cause. If you find it has no errors, that is 1 less thing it can be.

also, its not a waste of money of you can get replacements - https://www.gskill.com/en/warranty

what temperatures are you getting while running the test?

Last edited:

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
Update: This may help you by solving my problem. I did something in BIOS, ran Heaven Unigine Benchmark test, 3 passes and no crash. But still, it was about 16-17 minutes or so, before it was crashing on the start of the 2nd test. Tomorrow, I will try running it for about 2 hours or so.
The thing is that when I start the benchmark test, when I open my case panel I can hear like sharp but quite buzzing noise coming from PSU/CPU fan. Also PSU is a bit warming up when benchmarking. And I also discovered that my PSU is MS-500, Chinese ultimate cheap garbage. It's not even 550W. I am planning on buying medium-quality SEASONIC M12 II Evo 620W PSU. Is it good?

Last edited:

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
2nd update: Increasing SOC voltage to 1.15V did help to get rid of green screen or restart in Heaven Unigine, but now things are even worse. Two things that I was most afraid of coming back. This BSOD and this stuck screen with strange pixels. I don't know what to do, I can't boot into memtest86, tried 3 USB drives but nothing...

Borko1

Reputable
Nov 4, 2016
3rd update: Ran memtest86 for about 3 hours or so, 0 errors in 4 passes. By the way, usable RAM for memtest was 13,9 out of 16GB because 2GB of memory is reserved to iGPU and about 100MB to system. So 2,1GB of RAM is left out in this test, but the minimum amount of RAM I can allocate to iGPU is 64MB, I will try that then test again. But anyway, I don't think that RAM is problem.

TRENDING THREADS