green spots, pc crashes, no video after

kubarz

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Hi
So i build a new PC. I installed all the drivers and I worked on it for a number of hours (6-7). I installed steam and started my first game of Dota on the new PC. After half an hour, green spots covered the screen like a chessbord. The PC shut down and rebooted on its own. Now when i start, the monitor gets an input, but the screen is black. (HDMI) tried DVI but the monitor didnt receive a signal.

specs:
MSI B250M Bazooka
Coolermaster 650W PCU
Nvidia GTX 1060
2x8 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance

Hope you guys can offer some help?

Kind regards

kubarz

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
i found something about resetting BIOS by removing CMOS battery for a short period.
This will delete all the data, or just the BIOS?
OR should i try a different GPU first?

Lutfij

Titan
Clearing CMOS does not removing data from your HDD/SSD, it merely resets the information stored within the BIOS of your motherboard. Can you be specific about the PSU you have? What range/series is it? Coolermaster have a number of good an bad quality units, we're going to need to know which one you have. Reading through your post though, it seems like your GPU artifacted due to either heating issues(which is highly unlikely) or from a lack of power.

You forgot to include your OS, SSD/HDD and the processor in your specs list.

kubarz

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
sorry about the forgotten specs

SSD: Samsung SS 850 EVO 2,5" 250 GB
CPU: intel Kaby lake Core i5 7500 3.4GHZ 6MB
PSU: Cooler master G650M 650W, Modular
CPU cooler: Cooler master Hyper 212 Evo AMD & Intel

At this moment the Desktop is booting up, but screen just stays black, i don't suppose changing the PSU would change that?

kubarz

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
So I disconnected the Nvidia, plugged in HDMI to MoBo and now the PC booted and everything seems ok. All data is the same as it was before it crashed.
So it seem the GPU has some faults?

What should be the next steps to check?

kubarz

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
So I tested the GPU in a different PC and it did the same, black screen.
I suppose there is a factory fault in the GPU. going to contact store for warranty.

Is there a possibility that the GPU is not compatible with the MoBo?