Grey screen of death when I game.

Chuck Morris

Honorable
Mar 8, 2014
So I recently bought Gears of War for W10 and I seem to constantly after half an hour to an hour of play get a grey screen of death which loses me signal to my television until I Ctrl Alt Delete.

I'm then met with The logon process was unable to display security and logon options when CTRL+ALT+DELETE was pressed. If the operating system does not respond, press ESC or restart the computer by using the power switch. This led me to this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/46799-63-failure-display-security-shut-options-windows-64bit but the 'Winsock' method didn't work for my issue.

The PC is still running perfectly after this happens with my temps at a normal degree, it does however seem to open another instance of my Television in my sound options http://i.imgur.com/ZrtyMe5.png, this doesn't happen unless the issue happens so I'm thinking they're connected.

I have no idea how to fix this and it's starting to get a bit frustrating.

Solution
You'd be best served by passing on your full system's specs inclusive of your audio and display equipment. Have you made sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers(namely chipset and GPU) are up to date? When you state you're issue is pertaining to Gears of War, have you tried replicating the issue when on other titles or when the system is idling/surfing the web?

Have a go with a repair install and see if the issue dials down but in retrospect I'm suspecting that your automatic device driver update feature is active which needs to be turned off. Most often misunderstood device driver updates can lead to issues on Windows 10.

Lutfij

Titan
You'd be best served by passing on your full system's specs inclusive of your audio and display equipment. Have you made sure your BIOS and remaining device drivers(namely chipset and GPU) are up to date? When you state you're issue is pertaining to Gears of War, have you tried replicating the issue when on other titles or when the system is idling/surfing the web?

Have a go with a repair install and see if the issue dials down but in retrospect I'm suspecting that your automatic device driver update feature is active which needs to be turned off. Most often misunderstood device driver updates can lead to issues on Windows 10.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS