Griffin can't take off

Something I saw on Dun Morogh, one of the German speaking EU servers:

I was about to take a flight to Refuge Point when I saw a huge crowd around
the flight master in IF. There was a dwarf on a griffin which was
desperately beating its wings but did not manage to do anything else but
hover a couple of meters above the ground.

At first I thought it was some trick by the player but after a while he
seemed to get thoroughly pissed off about everybody lol'ing at him.

As it turns out all he did was ask for a flight and ends up locked onto
this griffin that doesn't go anywhere. I guess in the end logging out and
back in must have helped him, but it sure was fun to watch for a while.

Anyone else seen this happen before?

Cheers, Urbin

--
Urbin (34), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gera (14), Human Paladin (PvE) @dunmorogh.de

Urbin wrote:

> Anyone else seen this happen before?

Saw this once in Westfall.

--
www.pickuptruckracing.com - UK's closest race series
Spotter for the PWR truck #9

"Urbin" <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote in message
> Something I saw on Dun Morogh, one of the German speaking EU servers:
>
> I was about to take a flight to Refuge Point when I saw a huge crowd
> around
> the flight master in IF. There was a dwarf on a griffin which was
> desperately beating its wings but did not manage to do anything else but
> hover a couple of meters above the ground.
>
> At first I thought it was some trick by the player but after a while he
> seemed to get thoroughly pissed off about everybody lol'ing at him.
>
> As it turns out all he did was ask for a flight and ends up locked onto
> this griffin that doesn't go anywhere. I guess in the end logging out and
> back in must have helped him, but it sure was fun to watch for a while.
>
> Anyone else seen this happen before?
>
> Cheers, Urbin

I saw myself run onto the train at Ironforge just as it sped off and I got
locked into the damn carriages model.

I went back and forth and back and forth until my stone had reset and I
could get out of there!

Urbin wrote:
> Something I saw on Dun Morogh, one of the German speaking EU servers:
>
> I was about to take a flight to Refuge Point when I saw a huge crowd around
> the flight master in IF. There was a dwarf on a griffin which was
> desperately beating its wings but did not manage to do anything else but
> hover a couple of meters above the ground.
>
> At first I thought it was some trick by the player but after a while he
> seemed to get thoroughly pissed off about everybody lol'ing at him.
>
> As it turns out all he did was ask for a flight and ends up locked onto
> this griffin that doesn't go anywhere. I guess in the end logging out and
> back in must have helped him, but it sure was fun to watch for a while.
>
> Anyone else seen this happen before?
>
> Cheers, Urbin

It's a bug linked to rogue's distract ability. I've told Blizz about it,
perhaps they find it amusing? :D

"Urbin" <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote in message
> Something I saw on Dun Morogh, one of the German speaking EU servers:
>
> I was about to take a flight to Refuge Point when I saw a huge crowd
> around
> the flight master in IF. There was a dwarf on a griffin which was
> desperately beating its wings but did not manage to do anything else but
> hover a couple of meters above the ground.
>
> At first I thought it was some trick by the player but after a while he
> seemed to get thoroughly pissed off about everybody lol'ing at him.
>
> As it turns out all he did was ask for a flight and ends up locked onto
> this griffin that doesn't go anywhere. I guess in the end logging out and
> back in must have helped him, but it sure was fun to watch for a while.
>
> Anyone else seen this happen before?

It's happened to me once in Astranaar. The Griffon wouldnt fly. I found I
had
partial control and was able to move around the little island that Astranaar
was
on. Played around with it for 10 mins and took screenshots. I finally
tried to
travel down the road to Auberdine and got logged. This fixed the problem!
Came back and was flying, just at the start of the trip.

Derimus (60) NE Hunter, Suramar.