grim question....

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?

And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?

Thanks...DE

Mary

"DoubleEntendre" <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case)
when
> it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?

I bought mine in a box, but it wasnt one of those big fat boxes used to
come in. It was a thinner and narrower box but not as small as the new
small boxes games come in now. I also saw the game a long time later in
Electronic Boutique in a jewel case size cardboard fold out with two
pockets for the two CD's. I am in Toronto, Canada so pretty well get
the same games and boxes as the US.

From a search on Ebay, here is a photo of the box the game came in.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80328&item=5781100019&rd=1

Here is also one of the cardboard fold out type.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80329&item=5206486891&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Not a very good photo, but you get the idea.
Hope this helps.

Mary

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:24:32 -0400, "DoubleEntendre"
<potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
>it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?
>
>And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?
>
>Thanks...DE

Yes, when it first came out.

The underdogs site has a shot of the original box art though, if
you're curious about it.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3925

It's kind of a low res picture, but it's the best I can do as I bought
the jewel case edition too, so no box to scan for you. Basically, I
guess it's the same cover art as on the jewel case version, only they
cut a bit off the top and bottom of the image for the jewel case art.

MCheu

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

DoubleEntendre <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
> it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?

It did. I've got a full-sized box here, that I paid full price for. I've
also heard rumours of a Manny doll, but never saw one. I'd love to get one
if anyone knows anything about them.

> And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?

Sorry, no digital camera.

Colin

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:21:05 GMT, "Colin B."
<cbigam@somewhereelse.nucleus.com> wrote:

>DoubleEntendre <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
>> it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?
>
>It did. I've got a full-sized box here, that I paid full price for. I've
>also heard rumours of a Manny doll, but never saw one. I'd love to get one
>if anyone knows anything about them.
>
>> And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?
>
>Sorry, no digital camera.
>
>Colin

http://forums.vintagegaming.org/attachment.php?s=8d82d40129198bc92d5af93c59be33a5&attachmentid=1&d=1078026932

Don't have one, sorry. The link above is a snapshot of a Manny
figure. Not sure if it's the same one you're talking about.

MCheu

MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:21:05 GMT, "Colin B."
> <cbigam@somewhereelse.nucleus.com> wrote:
>
>>DoubleEntendre <potatoesjoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
>>> it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?
>>
>>It did. I've got a full-sized box here, that I paid full price for. I've
>>also heard rumours of a Manny doll, but never saw one. I'd love to get one
>>if anyone knows anything about them.
>>
>>> And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?
>>
>>Sorry, no digital camera.
>>
>>Colin
>
> http://forums.vintagegaming.org/attachment.php?s=8d82d40129198bc92d5af93c59be33a5&attachmentid=1&d=1078026932
>
> Don't have one, sorry. The link above is a snapshot of a Manny
> figure. Not sure if it's the same one you're talking about.

That's the one. I don't know what you had to do to get one, but Lucas
didn't seem very keen on distributing them.

Colin

Lynne

Distinguished
May 7, 2004
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I've tried twice to send two digital pictures (front and back of the
full-size box) but it's not working. If you really want them, I can send
them to you direct. Lynne

DoubleEntendre wrote:
> Did Grim Fandango ever
> come in a large box
> (bigger then a jewel case)
> when it was sold, seems
> most are just in a jewel
> case?
>

> And if it did, anyone have
> a pict of it?

When Grim Fandango was first released it came in a full-sized box.
It's a nice addition to the gaming shelf but unfortunately I don't have
a scanner or otherwise I'd upload the pics.

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np:

DoubleEntendre wrote:

> Did Grim Fandango ever come in a large box (bigger then a jewel case) when
> it was sold, seems most are just in a jewel case?
>
> And if it did, anyone have a pict of it?

MobyGames, a Game Documentation and Review Project, does.

for 'Grim Fandango':
<http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/grim-fandango/cover-art>

--
Henry Finch
Global Fund for Mergers and Acquisitions

Please followup in newsgroup.
E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I have the original box and I love the art. Does anyone know if a movie
trailer-style poster was ever released for the game? I'd love to have
something like that.