Build Complete Ground Control to Major Tom, All system go, but no picture.

Sayadin

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
I'm helping a friend build a simple computer (at-home work and email) and i haven't had this problem before, but I picked out the hardware and checked it with support/QVL (on Neweggs specifications) so all is good. Everything hooked up fine, turned it on, and nothing on the screen appeared (no signal) however after a few seconds (10-15) the computer shuts off and restarts. So i brought it home to work on it and view any solutions on here. I followed the checklist, and everything is green so i didn't missed anything when i installed it.

List of what's inside:
AMD RYZEN 7 2700 8-Core 3.2 GHz (4.1 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W
ASRock B450M/AC AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2933 (PC4 23400)
WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive
EVGA 450 B1 100-B1-0450-K1 80+ BRONZE 450W

I used the integrated HDMI and it cause the same problem, and i didn't see if the processor supported the integrated, so i then installed a Radeon r9 270 to atleast get picture. Still same issue
I removed the Reset Switch from the chasis header/mobo and still the same issue. I then switch the RAM from A2/B2 to just A2. again, same issue, then i switch to A1, got the same issue, but the computer wasn't reseting after 10-15 sec. it was stable, but no picture. after all of that, i got onto the actual website for these parts and thumb through the support. The only thing i could see that may be probable, is the processor. Even though everything matches for it, the model # is the only difference.
I.E.:

AM4 Ryzen 7 2700 (YD2700BBM88AF) 65W Pinnacle Ridge 3.2GHz 4MB B2 All​

from ASROCK website vs. the Ryzen i got
YD2700BBAFBOX

Also, i notice the ram isn't on the support list, but i doubt that would cause the concern as it would just run in a lower speed. However, it may be this as well. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

Sayadin

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
yes, it's a 6-pin pci-e. and i switch the HDMI from intergrated and back to gpu. i tried testing it on 2 different monitors with the same procedure i posted. all is still the same. there is no LEDs on-board, it's a clean board, the chassis came with a speaker, and i don't even get a sound from it, thought maybe the speaker could be backwards as the piece doesn't described +/-... and still nothing.

Sayadin

Reputable
Apr 9, 2015
FIXED

After hours of backtracking, reinstalling, questioning my existence, I finally fixed it... I went through my old computers and found the holy grail. I dug out my Nvidia Geforce 960 SSC and installed it. It came up and ran good. although the RAM isn't in the support, i had to used them in A1/B1 slots and it dubbed them down instead of 2933. He'll be happy with that little upgrade. Thank you all, and sorry if it was making you ponder as well.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS