Ground Loop PS4 Turtle Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco12345

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014
Hello all! Seem to be having a problem with my turtle beach xp seven headset, It seems to be making low nose when plugged in, Tried looking for a ground loop to add to the audio control unit but its a 2.5 mm slot then 3.5mm to the ps4 controller

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Before doing any of that, have you tried cleaning the male connectors with rubbing alcohol and plugging them in (with alcohol still on the male plugs) and twisting around in the input ports of all inputs? Sometimes a simple film build up over time either in the port, on the male plug, or both can cause buzzing or scratching noises. If you do that, make sure everything is off and unplugged and allow time for the input ports to dry before using.

FYI the more extensions/adapters you use between the source and device, the greater the chance of signal noise interference.

Coco12345

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014

thanks for the reply!

I dont have access to rubbering alcohol, can you reccomend anything

I shoulda have also said, I had two audio control units and splitters, tried them both and get the same result

Well not really other than general purpose electrode cleaning solution, and that's much harder to find than rubbing alcohol sold in just about every grocery and drug store (in North America anyway, not sure where you are).

Are you using this both with a PC and PS4? If so, have you tried connecting the headphones directly to the PC audio out port via 2.5mm cable and bypassing all that other stuff to see if it still buzzes?

Coco12345

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014

It can only go through USB : /

The 2.5mm to 3.5, is the turtle beach cable to connect from the audio control unit to the ps4 controlller.

Status
Not open for further replies.