Grounding myself from static

LelouchZ

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Hi I was about to build my first computer but then I found out what grounding really means. My house doesn't have grounding outlets and I'm wondering how I can ground myself now to avoid static electricity. Any help would be appreciated.

i5 2500k cpu
Asrock Extreme3 gen3 motherboard
8gb gskill sniper ddr3 low voltage memory
Corsair TX 750W v2 PSU
Rosewill Challenger case (interior is black but planned on using another comp case to ground myself using a static wrist band)
Corsair force 3 90gb ssd
GeForce GTS 450

It's not as big a deal as people make it sound. Don't work on a carpet if you can help it. Don't wear fleece.
Touching the metal parts of the case, I believe, is enough to prevent shocks. Discharge by touching those or the PSU.

LelouchZ

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Ty for the advice everything went fine. I guess I was freaking myself out since this was the first time I'm building a whole computer. The stuff l thought would be difficult like putting the CPU in the motherboard turned out to be pretty easy, and the stuff I thought would be easy like cable management was really tough, only thing I messed up on really was putting in 2 Hard drives before installing the OS but that was an easy enough fix. All in all everything was fine only thing I regret was getting a Rosewill Challenger (bad cable management case).

pro xxx assassin

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

do you need any tools that are not supplied as this is my first build and you've just done yours :)